The "upset girlfriend" in famous meme is very, very shocked

Gosh, Kathleen Turner. She makes my heart goes pitter patter.

2 Likes

This is just another example of cultural appropriation!

Original master was an actor of color:

https://goo.gl/images/huFtli

Challenge accepted

eggplant

3 Likes

She’s underrated as a comic actress. IMO she’s at Madeleine Kahn’s level.

3 Likes

I was taken by the fact that Turner did “V. I. Warshawski” as a BBC Radio 4 series after being unhappy with the compromises made with the character in the film. Her voice tickles my fancy.

Madeleine Kahn should have got a lot more work too. I’d rate her alongside Lily Tomlin.

3 Likes

Edit: Also wow those racial insults on your clip.

7 Likes

You bet. I actually saw Desperate Living for the first time a few days ago, so it was fresh in my mind.

I watched it with my wife. I’m a big fan of all kinds of cinema. My wife? Not so much, but she was willing to give it a shot. Her conclusion was there was way too much yelling.

My wife and I both love Serial Mom, which is part of why she was willing to give Desparate Living a chance.

It’s been years since we have watched Serial Mom though, and I never realized that was Mink Stole that Kathleen Turner was harassing. I have to let me wife know.

3 Likes

Serial Mom is a work of genius, love that movie.

4 Likes

Also, she does not care for bad milk.

2 Likes

She makes a good “disappoint” face as well.

whoops

4 Likes

I haven’t seen this much mugging on camera since the last time I watched a Mack Sennett film.

1 Like

I have no idea what’s going on in that picture.

Guessing by the drug package reading about the side effects of birth control pills.

2 Likes

She did it to piss off Joey!

6 Likes

They’re looking at a headline that says her brand of birth control pills are all chalk dust and fish oil. I’m more used to the round dispenser packaging, but there are 28 pills in the pack and maybe the photography studio just cheaped out.

1 Like

Nah the Mrs has got them in that form as well as the circle in the past. The single row of a different color was the big clue for me.

1 Like

“I thought this gum tasted funny”

2 Likes

My hunch was that it was The Pill, but i wasn’t sure. My other wild guess was some other drug. Though i’d like to think its an expired coupon.

1 Like

“Wait, these aren’t breath mints?”

3 Likes
2 Likes