The "upset girlfriend" in famous meme is very, very shocked

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/26/the-upset-girlfriend-in-fa.html

4 Likes

Well this knowledge certainly won’t lead to the internet doing anything good or wholesome.

36 Likes

First Goatse?

15 Likes

There’s a few minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

9 Likes

Those photo shoots must be so weird.

I wonder if they spend an entire week on a single reaction, at different locations and wearing different clothes. Or do they get all the possible reactions done at a single location? I mean it’s probably easier to do “shocked” for a week rather than perform hundreds of different reactions one after another.

3 Likes

It can suffice as a ‘performing oral sex’ expression, too.

6 Likes

Hmmmmmmmm.

4 Likes

She’s certainly carved out a niche for herself. Of course, nothing beats versatility and range:

11 Likes

Well I hope - but doubt - she got paid well for her work.

3 Likes

obligatory Casablanca clip

10 Likes

Does she have a cat?
https://boingboing.net/tag/shocked_cat

I miss that cat. Make Cats Shocked Again.

18 Likes

How to comment on the recurring face meme and not get flamed. How to do this…

1 Like

You’re pondering on the loss of a few minutes of your life right now!

5 Likes

They should do a CGI capture for ready-plastering of her puss wherever. Saves time.

1 Like

Boy, her boyfriend should really be more sensitive to her feelings, given how easily she becomes upset.

As a practical matter, and based on looking at stock photo collections, it seems like they set up a particular situation (costume, setting) and then have the models do all possible permutations of expressions, poses, (minor costume changes) etc. So for every one of these shots, I suspect there’s also plenty of others where she’s looking neutral, bored, happy, deranged etc. Unless someone decided that she was just really great at looking shocked and that’s all they wanted her for - but given her expression, I rather doubt that.

I suspect not paying models for stock photography is a scam that works best if you bring them in for a single session of shooting. It would be hard to ask people to come back and still not pay them - asking them back implies some success of the first session, after all…

2 Likes

FTFY 

4 Likes

Okay…

3 Likes

May as well tack on another 27 seconds.

11 Likes

She’s shocked. Shocked! Well, not that shocked.

10 Likes

Oh, only Trump would not pay then at all. But I don’t think they earn much. It’s like high school football, 1000 broken dreams for every NFL star. Now with Harvey Weinstein!

2 Likes