The video for Len's 'Steal My Sunshine' is an amazing time capsule

Ooh, a song from my childhood that I never understood. Thanks to the modern Internet, I can look up the lyrics and find out what it’s about!

Nope, still nothing.

1 Like

That song is to the woodblock what Nazareth’s Hair of the Dog was to the cowbell.

1 Like

Never heard of The Goon Sax before, but digging the cover. She has a great voice, and he sounds like his sunshine has already been stolen.
Now my productivity will plummet as I go down the rabbithole.

6 Likes

I used to theorize the “long tail” of the internet would allow for all fashions/fads/trends to exist simultaneously. Leaving it up to individuals to pick and choose what they want and destroying the cyclical nature of trends in aesthetics. So maybe I see what I want to see.

1 Like

Such a great summer bubblegum song.

The uploader has not made this video available in your country

They don’t want me to steal that stolen sunshine, it seems.

2 Likes

I’ve never been able to make myself hate this song. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

You were right! But we forgot that the long tail is attached to a short ass where all the real money is.

2 Likes

At least to corporations that incentivize (perversely) their executives to think only in terms of short-term, quarterly gains. There is a lot of money in the long tail, but it takes time to see it. You can see that it is there though when artists like Neil Young or David Bowie securitize and basically reverse mortgage their catalogs

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.