The White House banned cameras from press briefings, so CNN sent in a courtroom sketch artist

Is audio recording still allowed? Show the worst pictures you have with the audio and transcribed captioning on top of it, less meme-worthy imagery for us all but we know what they look like. The words are what’s important. It might even help people to focus more on what they say, and not on how they flap their arms, could actually help.

1 Like

One theory is that Spicer is doing it to shield himself from Trump’s critical view. A lot of what trump surrogates do on TV is perform for the president. The guy watches the news so obsessively that he’s got multiple TVs and a bunch tivos all around the whitehouse. He’s always watching, always critiquing. Its the one thing he actually knows how to do.

So his surrogates are performing for an audience of one. Kelly-Anne Conlady’s over-the-top interviews aren’t about convincing the public, they are about proving to trump that she’s a diehard loyalist. Reports are that trump’s been riding Spicer’s ass since day one when he made him change his wardrobe. And now he’s making spicer interview candidates for his own replacement.

So it makes sense that Spicer would decide to shield himself from the tyrant’s gaze – out of sight, out of mind.

Not that any of it excuses him literally making the WaPo’s new catchphrase come true: “Democracy dies in darkness.”

6 Likes

Also, this little tidbit of hypocrisy is the cherry on top:

8 Likes

I find this fascinating. Sadly, I say this is a point for the Trump administration. They want to control the dialog and they have succeeded. Television news seems incapable of telling us about anything that happened in the world unless they have video of the event.

1 Like

3 Likes

Two words:
Rachel
Maddow

Hopefully they won’t get a bit carried away.

3 Likes

No, in these they’re banning all recording.

Yet Spicer is giving on-camera time to Fox News.

If the White House complains about the artist may I suggest all future briefings are re-enacted with sock puppets? It’d be just as stupid and slightly more adorable than having Spicer on our screens.

Leaks from press briefings? I think that’s called the news.

1 Like

I think reporters are there as part of their employment, not as maverick individuals. I don’t think it would be okay for an employer to tell their employee to put themselves in legal jeopardy. If any reporters there are freelance and want to be arrested or have their cameras confiscated, then, fine. I don’t think I would.

1 Like

2 Likes

Puppets on strings like “Howdy Doody” would be better.

1 Like
4 Likes

Yeah! Those reporters had better HOPE there was no recording of that meeting… Full vindication!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.