Matt Gaetz has no evidence, and gets shut down on CNN

Originally published at: Matt Gaetz has no evidence, and gets shut down on CNN | Boing Boing

13 Likes

We need more journalists / interviewers like Ms. Phillip who will (as the youngsters say) clap back at these wingnuts.

27 Likes

I’m sure Faux News will give this villain from a 1980s college comedy a more accommodating cable news platform.

17 Likes

MAGA mind tricks fall apart when the light shines.

15 Likes

It’s only Big Name stars on PR tours that get to stipulate interview softball conditions.

I wish more political interviewers would remember this.

13 Likes

If you keep publicly alleging something is true, eventually people will ask you about it. They you can say the public is demanding the allegations be investigated. So far all I’ve heard for evidence is “We sure do hope these allegations we keep making are true.”

12 Likes

Remember your freshman year of high school - doesn’t even matter what era - and being breathlessly told that (insert celebrity) had been admitted to (insert ER or hospital) due to (object/small animal in the rectum and/or contents of their stomach)? The same smug, gleeful insistence that it was aLl OnE hUnDrEd PeRcEnT tRuE!!!1! despite a lack of not just corroboration or evidence but, you know, behavior consistent with the way actual people move in and interact with reality. Weird, hateful shit that makes no sense and is in no way believable, or, in some ways, even possible. This is that. This is what the GOP has devolved to.

70’000’000 votes. Christ on a bike…

16 Likes

That is the most accurate description I’ve ever heard.

11 Likes

Or millennial Icelandic children’s television:

15 Likes

all these lawsuits against their savior… republicans all clamoring for something to distract common sense voters!

7 Likes

If you keep calling it “Biden Family Crimes” with no evidence of any other wrongdoing by other family members- I hope his family sues you.

15 Likes

So, two articles today about CNN attempting real journalism? Could this be a good thing? Maybe CNN is gonna turn things around to stop trying to play to both sides and just… do journalism?

5 Likes

I was very much hoping for a more dramatic shutdown:

“So, you have no evidence. Thank you.” Then cuts off his transmission, interview ended.

5 Likes

1980s. Writers of fiction often leverage off of what they’ve actually experienced and been told about, but back then the aforementioned villains seemed to have been impossibly overblown for effect. In hindsight, there’s reason to believe that Gaetz/Greene types have always existed… but who knew that they’d ever get to run the country.

5 Likes

531300d4a00b495f193db2936d8ec1c3040ea62c_2_408x500

8 Likes

He liked certain aspects of his school:

“… my dream of an America with great public schools. I thought we should be the envy of the world with our public schools. And I went to such a public school. So I knew that such a school was possible. Shortridge High School in Indianapolis produced not only me, but the head writer on the I LOVE LUCY show (Madelyn Pugh). And, my God, we had a daily paper, we had a debating team, had a fencing team. We had a chorus, a jazz band, a serious orchestra. And all this with a Great Depression going on. And I wanted everybody to have such a school.”

But when it came to the students:

“Only nut cases want to be president. This was true even in high school. Only clearly disturbed people ran for class president.”

“I went to high school in Indianapolis I learned how to walk around looking tough because everybody had to do that. I go out there occasionally and they’re still doing it, walking around looking very tough because something might happen.”

“Shortridge High School was an elitist high school. In a way it was a scandal because you could go there no matter where you lived, if you could get there. It was for over-achievers. It was for people who were going to college. So we were very special and we were hated for being ritzy.”

4 Likes

Live-action Butthead’s internal monologue during the vid:

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

2 Likes

8969c6cb0acb8e7fc2c0e96af95297c7cef928bb_2_652x500

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.