The White House banned cameras from press briefings, so CNN sent in a courtroom sketch artist

They should tryout a “no reporters” policy.
Sean Spicer would deliver his info to an empty room.

2 Likes

This may be the first and only time I’ve ever heard John Hodgman told to ‘chill’

The guy is the genetic equivalent of a Liberal Arts American Lit. professor. He couldn’t be more chill without lapsing into unconsciousness.

Though, really, you ought to see him when he does his bit dressed as Ayn Rand. Really. It’s hilarious…

4 Likes

No, TRUTH IS: They’re afraid we’ll STEAL their LIES and publicly show the TRUTH of their habitual LIES.

But the unpredictable, incorrigible DJT already has that covered with his loose lips sinking ships.

1 Like

CNN should just reenact the press conferences somehow, after the fact. I’d watch it if they did it in SuperMarionation like the Thunderbirds.

11 Likes

This is GREAT. It actually gets back at the WH because we’re used to seeing the work of sketch artists like this only during a criminal trial. So at a subconscious level, this looks like Spicer and the WH are on trial. Trump THOUGHT that by making the briefings less television friendly people would pay less attention to them. Instead he make the White House briefings look like a criminal trial.

27 Likes
11 Likes

Or hire animators from Taiwan. They use animations for stuff that they don’t have footage of all the time.

6 Likes

I think this is actually a really good point.

15 Likes

Where are those Taiwanese news animators when you need them?

The Trump pee tape was a golden opportunity for them.

4 Likes

Oh, I wish I didn’t see what you did there…

7 Likes
3 Likes

honestly this just made me really happy about my career prospects as an artist

1 Like

salt does make ice melt at higher temperatures, so it’s really quite difficult to be a salty special snowflake unless the temperature is very, very low.
Which means, and I say this out of regard for the safety of the snowflakes themselves: conservatives genuinely need to chill, if they want to survive in their present state.

Nice. Send in a criminal sketch artist to sketch criminals. Way to troll the Trumpistas, CNN!

2 Likes

To exorcise a demon, you have to know it’s true name. This may be it.

3 Likes

That part is backwards, the rest of your statement makes sense. Making the ice melt at lower temperatures is why they put it on roads to melt the ice. The amount of heat involved in melting the ice is why it is used to make ice cream.

4 Likes

Interesting that the sketch includes a camera.

From the article:

The video camera that can be seen on the right side of some of Hennessy’s sketches was turned off during the Friday briefing. It was one of several pieces of video equipment that remained in the briefing room at their normal locations, even as recording was banned.

2 Likes

Bearing in mind the shitgibbon-in-chief’s very careful tweet about not denying that there may be tapes of his meeting with Comey somewhere, do we know for sure that that camera wasn’t on?

Because it’d be normal if they were on.