The White House banned cameras from press briefings, so CNN sent in a courtroom sketch artist

Though, Russia hasn’t ever had a free press, not even nominally, that I know of.

1 Like

It’s early in the game. This time next year, assuming Il Douche is still in power, we can look forward to a dignified scene like this in the West Wing:

3 Likes

“We needed someone with a lot of experience documenting criminal proceedings…”

16 Likes

I’m jealous of the brilliance of your comment.

4 Likes

This tactic smacks of accountability and other liberal claptrap.

5 Likes

Apparently some liberals are angry too, like John Hodgman:

10 Likes

Wow, that illustration is really flattering to Spicer. It completely ignores the run-down look he’s been sporting since January 20th.

2 Likes

Going back to the drawing board (literally) is not just a “life hack,” but a “cowardly” one?
#0_o

Dude needs to up his dosage, stat:

12 Likes

Isn’t that what makes a Conservative conservative, unending insatiable anger?

5 Likes

I think that guy’s got a point. I’d like to see the press take more of a stand, make more of a fuss.

4 Likes

I generally respect Hodgman, but unfollowed him after that crap.

3 Likes

Yeah, he sure ain’t helping the situation.

Oh, he definitely has a point… but it gets lost in the needless and misdirected vitriol.

8 Likes

Maxwell Smart would’ve had no problem capturing all on his tie clip cam.

1 Like

i have to say, i agree with him. why don’t they just ignore the dictum instead of finding clever ways around it? that seems like playing their game.

5 Likes

What exactly is the WH thinking?
Do they think cameras steal their souls?

5 Likes

Trumps next tweet: I’m a jobs creator.

3 Likes

Sketchy Bunnies or Spicy Bunnies?

10 Likes

Yes. Exactly.

3 Likes

They should bring in some MAD Magazine artists. That would really be great.

11 Likes

I think it’s one thing to suggest that CNN should rebel and blatantly ignore WH rules and another to call them “dumb and stupid” for finding, as you say, a clever way around the silly dictum and, in the process, demonstrate how pointless a “no cameras” rule is.

5 Likes