The windows-smashing "Umbrella Man" is a white supremacist trying to incite racial hatred, say police

I wonder about the psychology of agents provocateurs. Their thinking goes “these protesters are violent and I hate them for it”, right? When the protesters then turn out not to be violent you’d think the logical conclusion would be “I was wrong about them”. Instead they decide to create the violence that they then use to justify their hatred of them in an endless circle.

4 Likes

In terms of these particular ones, I think the disappointment is what drives it. They want a race war. They prepper up, they have all this freeze dried food and tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition, then nothing happens.

I found a site recently, and in the “About” section there’s this manifesto, which the writer sums up with (emphasis mine):

"A warrior’s reality is pure, his context unfiltered, his perception fluid. The warrior keeps us evolving. It is the warrior that sets in motion the violent shifting of the gears of change. The warrior knows truths that are as ancient as consciousness itself.

And the warrior will, against inconceivable odds, with broken body, exhausted spirit, weary confidence, and tempered conviction, carry us into the future.

-Nico"

I shouldn’t assume the leanings of the writer, but I think that is how the instigators see themselves. They think a race war has to happen, and they are the people that are going to make it happen. Trump sees them as his brownshirts, giving him cause to destroy our institutions and rule by decree. It’s a nasty combination.

5 Likes

That is as fascinating as it is scary. I turned my VPN on for that one, as well as private browsing mode. I want that neither in my browsing history nor my IP address in their logs.

This part of the owner’s screed is revealing:

If you’re reading this right now there’s no telling what you’ve survived up to this point in your life. You’ve experienced trauma, love, loss, heartbreak, devastation, pain, misery, and suffering.

But despite all of that you’ve had the strength and fortitude to keep going. And here you are, still standing.

GUESS WHAT, MOTHERFUCKER. YOU’RE AWESOME.

DON’T EVER FORGET IT.

It betrays at least one of the motivations these people have for coming together in hate and destruction fantasies like that: they are desperately lonely and looking for connection and reassurance from others.

(Of course that doesn’t excuse anything of what they do and say. There are many people in the same situation who do not turn into actual murderous thugs or into those cosplaying as such)

4 Likes

I edited my comment a bit. It’s wrong of me to assume the perspective of the entire enterprise. Such endeavors have a lot of people with a lot of different views and coping mechanisms, like you said.

They do have a very nice selection of Hawaiian shirts with assault rife motifs…

Well, it’s obvious that he wants to cancel the election, since he knows he’ll lose. His lackey Barr refuses to say otherwise. For being such enormous tubs of rancid lard, they are awfully transparent.

4 Likes

Umbrella Man has a surprisingly limp wrist for someone who is engaged in a daily club house circle jerk

Which are these? I don’t recall seeing this in the news.

I was thinking exactly the same! The phrase Aryan Cowboy Brotherhood should not exist anywhere except maybe in a Tom of Finland drawing.

2 Likes

Anarchists are too busy trying to feed the homeless, mend wounds of protesters, and baby sitting to actually be doing this stuff. Also, anarchists aren’t stupid, what does breaking windows in an AutoZone get them? Nothing. I swear to God the right wing is just a bag of coked up cats when it comes to anarchism and anarchists.

10 Likes

How difficult to teach are these folks? How many times will it take to sink in that they help their enemy more than their own tribe?

I think some Republicans are still blaming antifa for this one:

(They subsequently found some writings that tied him into the movement, too.)

There’s also some stuff that happened in Nevada that seems related to that movement, but I’ve not seen any confirmation. (Some Boogaloo boys got arrested planning some mass violence there, though.)

5 Likes

Blockquote

“If we commit false-flag vandalism against the edifices of law and order it will make the Left look bad”

Well, maybe …

or maybe it will just make the Left look strong and fearless and like a force to be reckoned with

Thing is, the ‘extreme Left’ that Angry Tinkerbell rants about, by comparison to him and his sycophantic ass-kissing congregation, would likely be slightly left-of-centre on this side of the Pond, him being somewhere to the far right of Atilla the Hun…

1 Like

Had no idea the Hell’s Angels embraced racism. Anyone wanna set me straight on this?
Dude stuck out like a sore thumb too and "Free Stuff? Come on.

@Shuck mentions the ca ones.

here’s also nevada:

and other incidents mentioned here:

4 Likes

h/t @alahmnat & @wanderfound

7 Likes

Unfortunately, that was in (early) June. Things have flipped again, and no longer do a majority of white people approve of BLM. The right-wing propaganda machine took a while to respond to events, so some people briefly got to be swayed by what was going on, not by right-wing scare stories and total fictions.

It took about two months to turn “the public” against Occupy Wall Street

This is what happens, this is how they do it

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.