The World's first robot hotel

Originally published at: The World's first robot hotel | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Finally, the hilarious Robotnik chain of hotels from Harry Harrison’s The Stainless Steel Rat’s Revenge is here at last.

11 Likes

Robot Hotel? That lazy little fucker hasn’t even finished cleaning my lounge; there’s no way I’m going to pay for it to stay in a hotel!

16 Likes

Futurama Bender GIF

8 Likes

“Don’t touch the robots”? What’s the point of having robots if you can’t touch them?

8 Likes

Was hoping for an Edgar Allan Poebot to be behind the counter.

Disappointed.

10 Likes
7 Likes

Wonder how it compares in comfort to robot apartments.

14 Likes

You know, after some past experiences with staff at hotels, I think I’d prefer the robots.

9 Likes

“Synthespitality – for when your staff’s very best isn’t nearly good enough.”

5 Likes

I very much doubt that’s actually true even if they’re marketing it that way. Robots require maintenance that can’t yet be performed by other machines. For that matter so does the rest of the hotel. Methinks they probably just replaced the human receptionists and maybe a couple other customer service roles but still have a full staff of human beings behind the scenes.

15 Likes

Yeah, that’s probably how it goes down behind the scenes.

6 Likes

This can only be an improvement on one of receptionist colleagues back in the day who answered the front desk phone with “I am French, why would I care?” and immediately hung up.
In his defence, he was French.

15 Likes

Thanks Heavens!

Staring Science Fiction GIF by FilmStruck

8 Likes

That kiosk in the Instagram post is the same kind of computer interface everyone uses to get a boarding pass at an airport, correct?

So … this is The World’s First Robot Hotel the same way every major airline is run by robots.

7 Likes

It had to be done

8 Likes

I propose we replace the CEO with one of these.

6 Likes

That is a normal human hotel that just happens to be staffed by robots.

This is a robot hotel:

15 Likes

5 Likes

:wink:

Reaction Confused GIF

6 Likes