The worst parallel parker in Scotland

It’s so sad… I keep thinking “first, just pull up parallel to the front car, and you’ll have all the room you need to back up at a good angle” but noooooo, they never listen…

Bout a month ago I needed to parallel park in a very tight spot. So I touched the bumper of the car behind me at about 2mph, and pulled into the spot.

The owner of the car ran out and started berating me. I pointed out they took more than a spot, I did it on purpose, and neither bumper even had dust knocked off (done it a million times).

This may make me an asshole driver, but I am a safe, considerate asshole driver.

Similar story, one I never had to pull but is pretty common.

You are driving manual in SF, you come to a stop on a steep hill and an automatic tailgates you. What do you do? Gently roll back till you rest on the car behind you and ebrake start up the hill.

My orthopedic doctor says that it is a big problem in USian culture that we lose spine flexibility at a relatively early age, but he didn’t cite any weight factor. He said he has patients that literally can’t turn to look behind them. Now I look like a doofus walking anywhere because I have picked up a habit of craning my head to look all directions to keep flexible.

I was gonna say, ‘Only because I reside south of Hadrian’s wall’, but yowza. Even I’m not that bad (though I would have prudently driven 2 cars further up, where there’s loads of room).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.