There are huge polka dots all over Portland's Pioneer Square

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/04/there-are-huge-polka-dots-all.html

8 Likes

Which dots are sufficiently socially distanced from less lethal police rounds and gas?

9 Likes

That’s just asking for Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox to show up for a round of Twister.

16 Likes

Paul Bunyan isn’t a problem. But cleaning up after a giant blue ox is just too much.

8 Likes

After dealing with all the bullshit Trump brought to Portland Babe will seem like a piece of cake.

12 Likes

Paul is already in Kenton.

8 Likes

The troubles are limited to like 2 blocks, a good number of blocks away from Pioneer Square. Most of Portland is pretty normal these days actually, aside from the distancing stuff making a ghost town of downtown, and some graffiti. The window smashing that happened in other areas of downtown isn’t going on anymore, unless I’ve missed some news stories about such.

That area right near the courthouse saw some awful things, but the city itself is not a war zone like Trump insists it is.

8 Likes

Oh, I know. I’m local. I was just making a joke.

My father called me up a couple weeks ago to ask me if I was afraid to go outside my house and I didn’t understand why at first.

9 Likes

At first I thought there were also big vinyl cartoony motion lines.

5 Likes

Those huge polka dots are a symptom of a city under siege. Huge polka dots will appear in your city too if you don’t follow your President’s Secret Police rescue rangers orders. /s

4 Likes

Federal officers are not allowed to step out of the khaki dots.

4 Likes

Yeah, but that’s just a Constitutionally mandated legal requirement; so it doesn’t apply to the forces of the Trumpstapo.

4 Likes

For a small fee, you can activate the Cone of Silence to drop down.

4 Likes

They have these near me but they are a bit smaller and what they do is they encourage people from different households to sit too close together within the same circle.

So a performer in the centre of a twelve-foot dot could be safely surrounded by audience outside the circle? Could be good for busking.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.