There are no humans in Star Wars, so what are the creatures we are watching?

And along the way the old wizard had to battle the Black Knight sent by the Wicked King Emperor.

9 Likes

A number of TV Tropes could apply to this theory:

3 Likes

Literally one step away from The Belgariad.

Why change a winning formula?

1 Like

“The title card tells us that the story takes place long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.”

Actually the fact that the story takes place in a “galaxy far, far away” makes it very probable that there will be humans there. At least according to physicists Brian Greene and Max Tegmark. If the Universe is infinite according to them, it will repeat the human race somewhere, you just have to go far, far away!

See podcast:

5 Likes

Han Solo has a line to Jabba the Hutt in the EP4 Special Addition (shiver), something like “you’re a wonderful human being.” That bugs me.

What bugs me more is his when Han says, “Then I’ll see you in Hell!" in Empire.

What’s a “human being”? And WTF is “Hell”???

2 Likes

But also ominous techno in Serenity.

2 Likes

tumblr_m8fidfSKIk1r8gsqgo1_250

3 Likes

Well then, my guess would be that in the original Tatooinespeak, “a human being” actually means “a fat, fur-clad little scotchman”. So when Fodesinbeed Annodue used the word in Ep 1, it was actually ment as an insult:

“Hell”, on the other hand, is probably just what the called the sickbay on the Hoth rebel base.

1 Like

Golgafrinchans.

2 Likes

I still think people are getting too hung up on the terminology characters throw around in a fantasy movie, but as long as we’re going there…

19 Likes

13 Likes

Puny humans.

Another thing folks don’t appreciate is that the “humans” in Star Wars are actually about four inches tall. Those action figures were “life-sized.”

6 Likes

I mean, let’s think about Neanderthals. You know, that other race of bipedal tool using human-shaped animals that evolved alongside humans in a neighbouring region and may have interbred with us. I think there is every reason to believe that on a planet with conditions like ours a species that looks identifiably humanoid will arise. That some of them might even look close enough to be mistaken for humans is totally plausible.

How do we know it wasn’t a close phoneme match? Like a really close one. Or what it is was just sound poetry?

Mentally combining the black knight with star wars I’m imagining Luke hanging off the edge of that platform at the end of Empire Strikes Back yelling, “I’ve had worse!”

4 Likes

That’s pretty much taken as a given at this point. Neanderthal genes are heavily interwoven with Homo sapiens for the global population. What’s really cool about them is that they don’t directly code for any particular phenotypes, but rather lurk in the large spaces of regulatory sequences that determine what and when other genes get turned on and off.

2 Likes

but-a-scratch

8 Likes

That seems like it fits very well. I didn’t think of that scene because after Episode 1 I said, “fuck this” and never watched another Star Wars thing again.

6 Likes

Isn’t that how Bach was discovered?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.