There are two Amazon results for the search term "healing crystal dildo"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/24/there-are-two-amazon-results-f.html

2 Likes

Hey, so I listened to it, and it’s fine! No dodgy lyrics, just a few nostalgic samples from UK television. It’s old-school “techno”, i.e. post acidhouse EDM, and could have been made in 1991 were it not for that certain modern sheen, the clinical perfection of the contemporary DAW.

8 Likes

Thank you for the mystic crystal revelation.

And the mind’s true liberation, as well.

5 Likes

I don’t know why I never thought to ask that particular question.

5 Likes

Seemed more like psy-trance, and the DJ so self-identifies. Who am I to argue?

3 Likes

It’s psychedelic trance, mate. I had a ten year DJ career spinning this stuff before I lost all interest. I cannot tell you how many hours I lost digging through bin after bin of record, trying to sift the gems out of the formulaic uninspired garbage that sounded just. Like. This.

And the scene? Pseudo spiritualist appropriators of woo, the lot of them convinced that the world would end in 2012, poisoned to death by choking chemtrails summoned by Apocalyptipoctl, Aztec god of ॐ and divine conspiracist.

9 Likes

I was going to hazard ‘Goa trance’ but I didn’t fancy my chances so just put “techno” in scare quotes.

5 Likes

*clutches childhood tightly*

7 Likes

No flared base? meh

8 Likes

As god is my witness I thought you wrote “no flared bass?” as a criticism of the music

22 Likes

In fairness, both work as criticisms…

4 Likes

That is definitely Goa/Psy Trance.

2 Likes

Sure. But with the other crystal set I can get uhf downstairs.

5 Likes

Covering all the basses, I see.

Woo swigglers… ouch. Radically accept the lot of em. Doesn’t mean snark is out of the question.

God I hate weed culture

1 Like

Now I’m hearing “healing crystal dildo” to the tune of “Crystal Blue Persuasion” in my head.

1 Like

Isn’t that Jason Statham dancing?

3 Likes
1 Like

What kind of lubricant is recommended? asking for a friend.

It would honestly never occur to me to search for the term “healing crystal.”

Dildo, on the other hand?

That’s another story… but certainly never a combo of the two.

6 Likes