There’s nothing in the $137,000 Oscar gift bag I’d want. Here’s my fantasy gift bag

Priceless.

3 Likes

That dollar value would pay for more than 515 homeless tents for a month in LA.

13 Likes

All I want is a month long drunken vacation in the English countryside at a ramshackle cottage with Richard E. Grant

4 Likes

I was going to post that link, too! Although it makes it a bit comical that it was in the oscars gift bag, the actual organization is pretty cool. They’re preserving 200 acres of Scotland (so far) and using the funds from the titles / plot of land sales to fund it. Pretty neat.

7 Likes

A $1,200 life coaching session with wellness expert Kayote Joseph

Does this mean I can make up a service, assign it a random cost, and put my hat in the ring in the hopes that I can have a one on one chat with a celebrity?

Is there a gift bag for the technical peeps? They’d probably be more fun to talk to err life coach.

(I have no idea who Kayote is, nor do I think anyone would actually call)

1 Like

$137K? Ok, pay off our mortgage and car loans. I think that would leave us with about $60,000 at an estimate. Do the repairs on said house that we’ve been putting off and maybe an upgrade or two to some of the furniture.

I’ll also take a maxed out Thelio Major from System76. If anyone’s feeling generous and doesn’t want to do the whole bag, I’d probably settle for that one!

4 Likes

on air ugh GIF by Elvis Duran Show

2 Likes

Sounds like rich people would line up around the block for her wisdom.

From her website…

Kayote Joseph is a master transformational facilitator and a holistic therapist based in Mexico City. Coming from a background in quantum healing, Kayote has extensive training in hypnotherapy, internal family systems therapy, astrology, pranic healing and has a masters in depth psychology…

1 Like

I wonder how much it cost her to get that gift certificate into the bags? It’s gotta be six figures

So if a group of like minded people got enough money together they could gift the stars something to spice up the after-party?

4 Likes

As a Scot (albeit living overseas right now) I’m honestly pretty pissed off about this. There’s a growing movement back home to return land to the people and get it out of the hands of rich private owners. We don’t need Hollywood fucknuggets owning random chunks of it and thinking they’re Scottish.

6 Likes

There’s a whole lot of folks on Skid Row who probably could have benefited from $137k. Maybe sell my bag and give the proceeds to them. :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

I’ve have you know I value my 1 square foot of the Scottish Isles, and will fight to the death to preserve it from the English scum!

3 Likes

if anyone is really jealous of the swag bag of crap the oscars was doling out, i am offering an nft of the bag and its contents for the low low price of $10 US, cash only no crypto

6 Likes

Just make it a pillow case full of candy like on Halloween. That’s what everyone really wants in a gift bag.

3 Likes

I prefer these bags.

3 Likes

Assuming the gift bag can’t just be a bunch of charitable donations (because that’s not how they work) I’d want:
A lifetime national parks pass (good one, @MadLibrarian !)
A decent camper van (seems like you can get a reasonably off-grid capable one for $50k, new)
Round trip passage on a ship that crosses the Atlantic (to go visit my friends without needing to fly)
Lessons with a personal trainer to teach me self-defense in the comfort of my home
A selection of these things to put out in my woods
And I guess whatever’s left would be a gas card so I could afford to visit the parks in my camper van :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve carried a bag with £2000 in it. Never again.

It was in coins though, paper money would probably be easier to manage.

5 Likes

Certificate for a Belgian Sheepdog puppy
Certificate good for a year of personal dog training lessons
A year’s pass at a mid-range motel chain
A National Park pass

6 Likes

Might be the “full access” though. Can I wander around every damp, dark forgotten tunnel in the basement of a Scottish castle for a whole weekend? TBH would definitely spend $50K if I was that wealthy to begin with. Let me tag along with some archaeologists and ask them annoying questions for 3 days and I’ll pay $100K. These are the things at the top of my list if I won the lottery.

1 Like