There's a new news aggregator called "Knewz" and I can't believe they actually called it that

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/29/theres-a-new-news-aggregator.html

4 Likes

I had thought you made a collage of the articles to give us a taste of the kind of content found on the site, but nope, that was a screenshot.

Interestingly enough, the layout is messed up in Firefox, with the Developing Story box not being properly inserted into the page and instead the text is just floating overtop some other text.

3 Likes

No knewz is good knewz with Kerry Knewz.

14 Likes

I’m sure I could get the same effect by ingesting some hallucinogenic and then banging my head against a collection of old Lycos sites on a refurbed CRT

8 Likes

So. Much. Knewzes. It’s a bit less of a visual mugging on mobile, but then it lacks the wall of it all. Instead of “all the news that’s fit to print” it’s “all the knewz that fits.”

3 Likes

It looks like an SEO’s fake news aggregator link farm, the kind that are commonly used to trick Google’s spiders into thinking it’s a site that humans actually visit.

If Google’s A.I. looks at that color scheme, though, it’s going to know it’s being played.

Wow. That color scheme. It’s like they hate visitors and just want them to leave.

4 Likes

even though it’s from the News Corp stable.

This.

From the same parent organization that tried to sue itself: Simpsons parody upset Fox News, says Groening | TV news | The Guardian

I wonder if the aggregation will be “fair and balanced.”

5 Likes

Holy moly the graphic design for that site looks like something out of the mid 00’s. The “edgy” design and branding looks really outdated and the various fonts used is driving the designer in me crazy.

1 Like

Yep. No love for me for Rupert Murdoch’s products. This is like so many of his offerings, it’s going to sacrifice information for pandering and stuffing that rich bastard’s pockets. Oh, and give it enough time it will sneak more Fox News in.

6 Likes

I think they took their design cues from The Drudge Report, then snorted shitloads of cocaine before getting to work.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Naming shit is hard. Naming shit that passes legal muster/trademark clearances is harder. And getting the .com for a name you like is even harder than that. Therefore, hire a goddamned professional or end up with garbage like this.

3 Likes

absolutely horrid design

2 Likes

We have named things for thousands of years.

It can’t be that hard. And hiring a “name things” professional is part of the problem.

3 Likes

I KNEWZ this would happen.

4 Likes

You are mistaken.

The thing that makes it look the most dated is the lack of advertising, or more accurately, the lack of blank white spaces where my adblocker removed the advertising.

4 Likes

Its RSS feed is empty…

2 Likes

Yellow and black warns you about danger in nature. Things like wasps, venomous snakes, ayn-caps and so on.

The Murdoch press fits in perfectly.

9 Likes