There's a non-zero possibility that Iran has a fleet of Communist assassin dolphins

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/11/theres-a-non-zero-possibilit.html

3 Likes

The best part of it is that the dolphins are now grizzled senior citizens. This is going to end up as one of those movies where the aged jewel thieves/mercenaries/whatever get together to pull one last heist. We’ll have the Clint Eastwood dolphin, and the Bruce Willis dolphin, and the Sylvester Stallone dolphin, and then we’ll need the sassy young dolphin who’s in love with the Bruce Willis dolphin’s sleek young dolphin daughter, and so on.

But in Persian.

18 Likes

I’ll watch it if it’s called “Blowhole”.

16 Likes

The most godawful TV theme IMHO.

2 Likes

At least the original Flipper show was smart enough to hire a female dolphin. The remake with Jessica Alba didn’t, and she was not amused by their advances.

I listen to all kinds of music.
I only hear Flipper.

2 Likes

“Mr. President, we must not allow a blowhole gap!”
-Gen. Buck Turgidson

8 Likes

@thomdunn

For what it’s worth, most war dolphins aren’t actually trained to kill. But they are smart as hell, and do get high on pufferfish. Although it’s still pretty messed to have sex with them, even if they are potentially capable of the cognitive processes require for consent. Clear communication is key here, folks.

Dude! You just went full-on Werner Herzog in that paragraph!

Kudos?

7 Likes

So Long and Thanks for all the Fish !

7 Likes

5 Likes

Are they hooked on smack?

1 Like

Er, except the Soviet Union ceased to exist several years before the transaction described by the BBC

Not dolphins specifically but…

1 Like

Dolphins are notorious for going AWOL to Canada and claiming bone spurs and conscientious objector status while getting high on pufferfish https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/03/12/dolphins-killer-commando-escape-black-sea/1982375/

2 Likes

Man, with modern CGI methods, the Day of thr Dolphin reboot would be glorious!

6 Likes

I didn’t know dolphins can drive golf carts.

3 Likes

Water hazards/blowpipes – my plan is complex.

1 Like

(17) The longer everything goes according to plan, the bigger the impending disaster.

(42) “They’ll never expect this” means “I want to try something stupid.”

(43) If it’s stupid and it works, it’s still stupid and you’re lucky.

4 Likes