There's a notorious Nazi concentration camp guard living in New York City and ICE won't deport him

Early Spitting Image had Hitler Herr von Wilcox living at 9 Downing Street.

The ending is far harsher now, considering that Jimmy Savile is currently less popular than Hitler.

3 Likes

Nope. The message to participants in genocides should always be: no matter how old you are or how far you run we will never leave you alone until you’re brought to justice.

18 Likes

It was most likely set in Cleveland because that’s where John Demjanjuk lived.

2 Likes

In which case the correct choice is plan B.

I assume that the Simon Weisenthal Center is aware of and interested in getting this guy extradited on war crimes?

3 Likes

Passport from where? He was naturalized as a US citizen, before it was stripped from him for lying on his application. Germany wouldn’t have one for him. He’d never applied. Can’t give a US passport to a non-US national. We can’t deport him to anywhere but Germany, and apparently they don’t want him back. It’d be convenient if the Israelis kidnapped him, but they don’t seem to be in the business of killing Nazis anymore.

2 Likes

And the disabled.

11 Likes

5 Likes

I’d change that to LGBT people. The Nazis targeted trans people using information stolen at the Institut für Sexualwissenschaft book burning.

13 Likes

Locking up mass murderers is such a waste of money.

We should set them all up in condos in Queens. Maybe they’re sorry now.

2 Likes

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

Hmmmm… including American genocides ???

3 Likes

Why Germany or Poland? Ask Israel, they’d be glad to take him.

1 Like

Thank you. That’s one of my pet peeves - ignoring all of the other millions tortured to death in the same camps by the same…‘people’.

Sure, let’s lock him up, I’ve no problem with that. Let me know what US or NY law he’s broken that will allow us to punish him under our legal system like this. Per the article the crime he committed in the US was lying on his immigration papers. This was discovered and his citizenship was revoked.

He should be locked up for his part in the holocaust. To suggest it should be done out of spite without a clear legal basis is idiotic.

1 Like

Be nice.

Gitmo has plenty of room.

In fact, it’s being expanded:

ETA: longname beat me to it!

1 Like

There was also this movie (I remember it being very good)

He’s 94. Let’s just lock him up for a few years and let nature take its course. It won’t take long or cost that much and since he’s evaded justice this long, it seems high time to apply a little.

3 Likes

No.

I have no problem seeing a 90 yr old Nazi executed for crimes against humanity. No problem at all.

3 Likes