Theresa May coughs through a catastrophic party conference speech plagued by pranks and a crumbling set

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/04/boris-made-me-do-it.html

2 Likes

The UK is plagued by a moronic politico just like us, how quaint.

5 Likes

No doubt she would have been in perfect shape were it not for the 350 million a week being taken from the NHS and tithed to Brussels…

6 Likes

Thank you for explaining what a P45 Form is. There were a few reports today that that just mentioned the form without explaining what it was. I would have understood “pink slip”. It’s what someone needs to hand to trump.

5 Likes

Unlike Rump, she’s been in politics for quite some time and really ought to know better. When the stage itself tries to walk out on you, I think it’s time to call it quits… then again, the characters waiting in the wings for her exit are none too savoury either.

8 Likes

Last night? She finished less than three hours ago.

Has Armando Ianucci taken over as her communications director? That speech was right out of “The Thick of It.”

2 Likes

I think ill move somewhere more stable like Barcelona.

8 Likes

If only some of the letters fell off the word “country”, like the letters o, r, and y, for example.

5 Likes

I do believe that world politics is now being scripted by Monty Python’s evil twin.

comedian Lee Nelson (last seen showering corrupt FIFA boss with handfuls of money) …

That counts as comedy?

Then, as if that wasn’t enough, letters started falling off the sign over the PM’s shoulder, which started off reading “Building a country that works for everyone” but which read “Building a country that works or veryone” by the end of the speech.

insert "Strong and Stable" campaign slogan joke here

1 Like

It’s funny because he’s not a city vying for the Olympics.

3 Likes

says something
crickets
You should have clapped, folks
repeats something
clapping

Such spontaneous crowd.

2 Likes

What the hell is going on here and what did I just watch?

All that and also too shit. Way too shit. She could hold her hands up for being shit but I suspect the focus group results suggested not to do that. Too honest.

1 Like

No. Think of it as a comedy placeholder.

1 Like

It’s a crying tragedy that the first ‘o’ in the slogan was so well glued on.

1 Like

I loved the fact that the backdrop was falling apart as she spoke:

I’m not entirely up to speed on the nuances of UK politics, but is it normal for a leader of the Conservative Party to wear jewelry bearing the likenesses of famous Communists?

6 Likes