These 100% copper earbuds are the future of hi-def audio

WTF

and do you insulate the copper from the copper with more copper!???

#YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE COPPER…

18 Likes

I assume they are made of gold-plated brass, just like the SMA connectors that they are made from.
We use copper in our radio telescope receivers, because it conducts heat well. The “lightweight yet durable copper” line had me ROFLing. The stuff is so weak that we have to use Helicoils in it.

13 Likes

even better, they are actually 0.4917 percent off.

2 Likes

Ah, but is it oxygen-free copper?

All us audiophiles know that’s how you get truly danceable performances out of your equipment. (That and special ultra-low impedance wooden volume knobs.)

Looking at those links I remember how BB used to be really hostile to us–it’s nice to see them coming around!

12 Likes

I’m a bit skeptical.

It seems like the kind that you ram into your ear with a snug fit – which these appear to be – give better sound, but I find them very uncomfortable. OTOH, the kind that just sit in my ears feel a lot better, but they never sound as good.

1 Like

It must also be cryogenically treated.
http://voodoocable.net/about-us/

3 Likes

Wait, wait, the outsides of these ear buds are pure copper?? Finally! I’ve been thinking for a long time now that my current ear buds don’t do a good enough job of turning my ears green. Thank you Boing Boing Store!

13 Likes

2 Likes

Let me know how long it takes before your ears turn green with envy. Or in this case, the copper corroding green with nasty ear gunk. No thanks.

2 Likes

These earbuds are made entirely of lightweight yet durable copper. . . But our favorite part is actually the silicon-coated nylon cable. . .

Wut?

1 Like

It’s called patina, and it’s the shibboleth for the members of the Copper Audio Blast Club™. And Copper Audio Blast Earbuds don’t even have to mention how awesome they are at supporting joint health… I don’t even have mine yet but already I can tell you that already I don’t feel any arthritis! Talk about powerful!

4 Likes

It is when it corrodes to a crusty green

1 Like

Great sound, and they’ll help with the arthritis pain in my ears. I’m in for a dozen!!!

2 Likes

Well obviously if they can make copper an insulator, it’s child’s play to make nylon a conductor.

4 Likes

I am familiar with this, I used these back to feed high pressure hydrogen to a reactor for hydrogenation reactions on aniline. You can buy them in different metals at SwageloK.

I’m wearing them right now!

1 Like

Best part is watching them turn green over time.

wish these manufacturers would provide a sample dummy ear-bud that allowed you to see
that they actually fitted… and stayed there (most important)

would be useful

4 Likes

Having a blast reading this thread.
Apart from the total Tell-Sell nonsense, they DO look sturdy.

Usually I walk over my earbuds by accident after some time, and, being plastic, they stop working after that. Duh.

Too bad though they are made of copper (or are they - I am confused ) : copper is quite soft a metal.
Tungsten would be the bomb. But so would be the price.

Next up: unobtanium earbuds!

Curious. I’m far from gentle on my earbuds, but I can honestly say I’ve yet to step on one and crush it. Usually the cord gets caught on things and the connection fails somewhere along the line, most likely at the attachment point to one of the buds.