These 60s cartoon themes are stuck in my head

I’d have to give the edge to Spiderman’s theme.

Did they ever do a cross-over episode? That would have been amazing.

2 Likes

Reminds me of Henry Mancini’s music for Peter Gunn.

Yes yes yes, The Sat. Morning Cartoons album just fires on all cylinders… except for that one track…you know which one I’m talking about!!!

It’s got them!

Yup, it’s here!

It’s got that!

1 Like
2 Likes

I watched those shorts growing up on military bases overseas in the late 70s, early 80s. Thor, Hulk, Fantastic Four, memorized the theme songs for 'em. You’re spot on: worst animation (stationary figure “flying” w/no screen movement 20 secs except for “whistling wind” lines), but the songs were gems!

1 Like

isn’t that mostly spider-ladies who eat their own kind?

I think it’s admitting that peter parker is a hopeless codependant.

(and this is entirely in jest)

I’d almost forgotten this Fantastic Four cartoon:

By Hanna-Barbera, which for a change was an improvement in animation. But there’s just some orchestral music.

1 Like

You’ll behold in breathless wonDERRRR, the god of thunder: MMMIIIIGHTYY THOOOOORRR…
ah i needed that. Thanks.

I like the array of cartoon themes on the CD, but I’m kind of iffy about the redos. I want them in all their original kitschy glory. Also, Amazon wants $54 for 1 CD; are they cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs?

Not a cartoon - but the best 60’s theme dong

4 Likes

Counter-proposal (acknowledging that Secret Agent Man is a kicking song):

(Man, Peter Gunn was an amazing show. Half-hour long noir private eye capers, tight and economical. Gunn usually consults one of his underworld contacts in the course of an episode, and these characters are amazing: A Fallen Gentlemen hobo king, ex-convicts, flop house clerks, a midget pool shark, eccentric scholars.)

4 Likes

One can never go wrong with Henry Mancini.

3 Likes

Not the 60’s, but my mom once gave me a dvd of ancient cartoons. The closest I’ve ever come to suicide was when I got the theme song to Little Lulu cartoons stuck in my head.

1 Like

A bunch of animators re-did an old episode of 60’s Spider-Man and it’s one of the funniest things you might as well watch today:

1 Like

All these theme tunes suck. There can be only one:

Prime

And steaming on Amazon Prime.

“Forgettable show - with a GREAT theme tune!”

No, that would be impossible.

And the same goes for Lalo Schiffrin.

1 Like

This was my childhood favorite!!!

I wanted to be an orphan so I would be recruited :expressionless:

A very close second was Star Blazers

1 Like

the banana splits…the best of the best! the high point of western civilisation.

“flippin like a pancake, poppin like a cork”

2 Likes