These are the new Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers' suits

[Read the post]

… why do the ladies have high heels? I can forgive the boob cups, whatever, but high heels?

12 Likes

This might be the first superhero team that looks more like a bunch of action figures than their actual action figures do.

5 Likes

“…but we are trying to appeal to a more mature audience…”

You misspelled “add emphasis to the titties.”

9 Likes

I just had a visceral reaction to the suit designs and i can only translate it as: Ugh.

5 Likes

Mine was more Nostalgi-ugh.

3 Likes

It looks like in the old costumes, even the women didn’t have breasts, and in the new costumes, even the men have them.

2 Likes

No nipples like Batman?

4 Likes

Will the new suits give them the courage to once again take on Spunky The Wonder Squid?

3 Likes

[quote=“pesco, post:1, topic:77628”]Ours is an alien costume that grows on them[/quote]I thought it seemed a bit reminiscent of what little I know of The Guyver (no, not that Gyver).

Not exactly a “new” “language”, then.

3 Likes

Lecherous and/or impractical aliens.

4 Likes

In the old costumes from Zyuranger, the Super Sentai series from which Mighty Morphin Power Rangers licensed the morphed ranger footage, the Yellow Ranger was male. That’s why even though the Yellow Ranger in MMPR was female, her outfit didn’t have a skirt while the Pink Ranger’s did. So for one of the old costumes, you’re correct.

1 Like

… but if its an alien that grows on them (a la Spiderman/Venom) then why don’t we see perfectly cradled and outlined penis’ and testicles? (Also… why didn’t we see that with Venom now I think about.)

5 Likes

Male lecherous impractical aliens.

(And by aliens, I mean costume designers.)

3 Likes

If this means appeal to adults (20-30 somethings) these are the same people who watched/love the original, so, with this daredevil-esque overdo, they’re going in the complete wrong direction. It’s the new crop of 10 year olds who will like all this shiny over-complicated bullshit. Give the “mature” audience what they want: something that is as earnestly kitschy as the original, just 80 mins long…

2 Likes

I’m a fan of The Guyver, and no the Power Rangers costume looks nothing like the design for Guyver (which definitely looks more biological in nature). Seems more like a knockoff ironman/transformers type of thing.

Man, Guyver… that had the best damn intro

1 Like

The spandex-free makeover also helps set the film apart from other big-screen franchises.

Well, except for Iron Man, and by extension, all Marvel Cinematic Universe movies that he appears in.

So, fun fact. Part of the reason the women didn’t have breasts is because the stock footage of the original Yellow ranger was Totally a Dude.

They figured kids wouldn’t notice, because Japanese men are sort of slim?

ETA: I see Steve is all over this already.

2 Likes

“So we didn’t bother, and just mashed up Iron Man and Batman instead?”