These four people will be the first astronauts headed to the moon in 50 years

Originally published at: These four people will be the first astronauts headed to the moon in 50 years | Boing Boing

12 Likes

it is very exciting that humans will return to Luna.
i had thought that this was to be an all-women crewed mission. did i misinterpret, or did NASA change its mind?

17 Likes

i was a kid during the apollo missions and looked forward to each of them like christmas. 50 years later i still feel that excitement about astronauts heading to the moon.

27 Likes

I only remember a few details of the last one from watching it splash down on television. I was about five. But I feel much the same way for sure and am tremendously excited to see us finally returning and (hopefully) beginning a real push to develop off world facilities and push out into space.

14 Likes

Happy Season 10 GIF by The Voice

15 Likes

These four people will be the first astronauts headed to the moon in 50 years

They’re not headed to the moon for 50 years? How old are the four people, 2-years old?

15 Likes

Not so much headed “to” the moon" as “to the vicinity of” the moon.

As diverse as this crew is, they couldn’t resist having an American, white, male Commander.

9 Likes

“Near the Moon - and beyond!”

8 Likes

Women on the moon

Finally.

18 Likes

Every mission in the Apollo era: 100% male, 100% white.
This mission, 50 years later: 75% male, 75% white.
Right-wingers: NASA IS GETTING RIDICULOUS WITH ALL THIS DIVERSITY NONSENSE!!

31 Likes

@Shuck

10 Likes

This is awesome, and not only because it will give right-wingers conniption fits.

13 Likes

And my compatriot, the Canadian, does sort of resemble a real life Buzz Lightyear.

10 Likes

Here is a radical, crazy idea. These four people were chosen because they were deemed the best astronauts for this mission. That’s it

Coming to the forum, I knew there would be the perpetually offended moaning about the perceived “lack of diversity.” I understand that ability and competence are dirty words now amongst the enlightened class, but can’t you all be excited about this for once without having to virtue signal?

Which posts are you even talking about? Did…you just have this ready to go and then didn’t even bother reading? :confused:

20 Likes

Well, you’re half right.

15 Likes

Your complaint sounds just about as hollow as your imaginary echo chamber.

18 Likes

Oh yeah, we just can’t stand to see capable people succeeding, which is what would naturally occur in free markets without any intervention. /S

11 Likes

I read that head line every time and thinking, they are going in 50 years, time , not that its been 50 years…

What Are You Talking About Harrison Ford GIF by Star Wars

13 Likes