These items can change your life and cost less than $100

It could save you from being caught out in a storm and catching your death of cold, so yes.

2 Likes

THIS! (or should I say “THESE!”)

Use a clean one each time and throw out that gross, germ-ridden nylon shower scrubbie.

2 Likes

Really? That seems excessive. And like a lot of laundry. If you let it hang to dry, that kills at least most “germs,” no? And the rest could come our with some soapy scrubbing when you use it again.

2 Likes

Even soaking it in a bleach solution for a little while, I would think. :man_shrugging:

Or just wash the scrubby? I like the glove style. I just toss them in the laundry like a regular cloth. If you can use it in the shower you can wash it with the laundry. But the humidity here is high enough it’s a good idea to run things like that through the dryer.

Eh. Even if you shower daily a total of seven washcloths a week isn’t really going to make that big a difference in most people’s overall laundry throughput.

3 Likes

I think you meant to reply to ClutchLinkey (my comment was about vet fees), but sure!

1 Like

A few years ago I read a review of the Philips Oneblade and decided to give it a shot, despite having really bad skin reactions to the classic rotary or “crosscut” blades. The Oneblade doesn’t irritate my skin at all and gives a really close shave in moments. Apparently, for people with thick facial hair, it’s better at grooming stubble, but as a baby face with light facial hair, it’s nearly as good as a wet razor shave, but clean and done in a matter of minutes. I don’t remember the last time I bothered with brush, lather and blade.

I also have to throw in another vote for Darn Tough socks as @sdmikev and @UUbuntu mention. They are a gem of a company and the quality is unparalleled. I also really like the basic LL Bean wool sock, which are about half the price of DT. Both brands are worth 10 pair of any other sock regardless of price.

2 Likes

Oooh, I don’t know if that qualifies. Those things are usually usually a $750 value.

Sometimes, though, on rare occasions, the Boing Boing Store will offer a deal like the whole $750 value for only $35! On those blink-and-you’ll-miss-it occurrences, I guess you’d be a fool not to add the life-changing course, developer bundle, or lifetime subscription to this list.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.