These videos of a man painting walls are mesmerizing

Originally published at: These videos of a man painting walls are mesmerizing | Boing Boing

3 Likes

The proper way to paint around plate covers is to remove the damned covers, paint to the edge of the drywall cut, let the paint dry and refasten the covers. This gets around the paint buildup line problem and totally eliminates paint spatter on the plates.
I’ve spent many hours carefully scraping paint of cover plates, locks and hinges in our current home. The previous owners picked good colors but were careless painters.

8 Likes

Why did he wrap the paint roller in masking tape then remove the tape? Removes fuzz so it doesn’t end up in the paint on your wall?

2 Likes

There was a Sumi-E feel to some of his brush work,

1 Like

Can he paint with all the colors of the wind?

7 Likes

I wish I could cut in like that. I’ve tried and tried. I’m going with “he uses better brushes” (possibly true) rather than “he has better skills” (probably true).
But as previous poster said: take the wall plate covers off first. Criticising a pro with better skills over some pedantic point. It’s low, but it makes me feel good.

5 Likes

Criticising a pro who should know better but still takes that shortcut, i.e. half-asses the job, is perfectly cromulent.

3 Likes

Anyway, the truly mesmerizing bit about painting walls is watching the paint dry.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, there’s no timestamp, hopefully this isn’t an accidental spoiler.

3 Likes

Here’s an animated gif of the process.

3 Likes

2 Likes

In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be the actual El Guapo!” - The Three Amigos

Painting is my El Guapo

4 Likes

Once again, my art degree is useless.

Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.