This restaurant encouragers patrons to lick its salty walls

Originally published at: This restaurant encouragers patrons to lick its salty walls | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Funny! I’ve been to The Mission many times and have never heard that by any of the restaurant servers or any sources outside of the restaurant. Maybe only people sitting at the bar and drinking tequila are ever told that…

Anyway, if you do ever go to The Mission, then absolutely order the guacamole service. They make the guacamole fresh right by the table and it’s fantastic – easily the best guacamole I’ve ever had.

2 Likes

Oh, you said walls. I hope this isn’t going to get awkward …

1 Like

I mean, I have licked rock salt from a mine before, but it was from a chunk of it, not a wall with everyone else licking the wall…

Though… yeah, if it is allowed to dry, it probably would kill the germs.

3 Likes

disgusted the fox and the hound GIF

10 Likes

I did a quick Dr. Googles, it says it kills bacteria. Where’s our resident doctor, isn’t bacteria and virus two different things that may or may not be killed with the same methods?

But either way I ain’t licking no wall that others have licked. I also ain’t dipping my hand in the holy water at church or drinking from the same chalice as everyone else.

But I do allow my cats on the kitchen counter so I may have issues.

10 Likes

" Video unavailable

This video is private"

2 Likes

Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

8 Likes

I should bastard hope so.
Not for me, ta.

1 Like

If I lick it I it’s mine, right?

7 Likes

That depends on how well you can lick it.

3 Likes

Um…

Stephen Colbert Plague GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Or are we bored of the pandemic, so are pretending it’s still not happening?

11 Likes

animation car misses curve runs off road off topic

6 Likes

41ByTJO0+OL

1 Like

Anyone do the math on how long the walls will last with all that licking and wiping? I might be able to do it, but I’ve no idea how much a lick or wipe removes off salt blocks.

1 Like

Judging by the reactions here, forever.

3 Likes

Based on some pretty extensive scientific research, I believe the wall will last approximately 3 licks.

question GIF

So, likely forever :wink:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.