These webcams allow you to spy on adorable birds in their nests in real-time

Originally published at: These webcams allow you to spy on adorable birds in their nests in real-time | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Birds arent real.

11 Likes

Now birbs… entirely real.

Parade Strut GIF

17 Likes

Define real.

4 Likes

Lots of places have live birb cams. The Boston Museum of Science has a camera trained on a nesting peregrine falcon on the roof of the building. Cornell Bird Labs has cameras watching, among other things, hummingbird feeders in TX.
eta: I just found that the Falcon Cam has been turned off; the female abandoned the nest about 4 days ago :disappointed:
eta2: Hummingbird cam is arguably one of the better things in TX.

4 Likes

And they can fucking fly!!!

THEY CAN FLY!!!

I located a blackbird nest yesterday, the chicks were clamouring for food in their beautiful liquid voices, soon quietened by their father’s arrival. I have been watching the blue tits and great tits competing with a squirrel for the suet balls while the fearless robin nips in and out for the seed feeder.

4 Likes

Wednesday I heard the first wood thrush of the year behind my house. Never seen one, they stay deep in the trees, never come near the feeders.

But my lord their song is just gorgeous.

6 Likes

Q.E.D.

2 Likes

I wonder if I can figure out how to pull those up on the teevee. Big screen birb scenes!

2 Likes

Chromecast works for me, if you have one of those

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.