"They're gonna come after Bible characters next," says Fox News' Bill Hemmer

Or Lot, who offered his daughters to the Sodomites and then later got them both pregnant in a cave near Zoar.

16 Likes

If you did not know that… :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Jimmy Fallon Agree GIF

18 Likes

13 Likes

go down you baldhead!

2 Likes

You tell people, and tell them, but do they listen?

15 Likes

Meh. Jefferson already did that 200 years ago. The more entertaining project freeing young minds from the hold of bigoted and/or scammy preachers.

3 Likes

Same question here, I’d be shocked if there are many ‘Bible Characters’ because of the whole separation of church/state thing. Unless I missed the part where Lincoln split the Red Sea. It’s been a while since I read Exodus.

3 Likes

Hmmmm. Sounds “apocryphal.”

2 Likes

“They’re gonna come after Bible characters next,” says Fox News’ Bill Hemmer"

I’m confused, why is this a “bad thing?”
(Seriously, aren’t these “Bible Characters” contributing to the current state of affairs (and malfeasance) that we have NOW?)

5 Likes

I sort of hope you do mean ‘heresy’ here, and not ‘hearsay’. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

If you think that Bible characters are posting on social media, then you probably should seek professional help instead of engaging in journalism cosplay.

3 Likes

I’m sure they’re still fine with people disparaging most of the women in the bible though.

2 Likes

And yet Fox News still isn’t concerned about the cancellation of Sheriff Lobo.

3 Likes

Biblical characters like the ones in the Bible? Or characters like Joel Osteen, Pat Robertson, Franklin Graham, etc.? Either way, they can’t go away fast enough for me.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Which Bible characters exactly?

The king who gets a dude killed just so he can fuck the man’s wife who he perved over on the rooftops?

The women who seduced their father by getting him drunk?

The man who fucked his slaves?

The lady who asked for the head of a prophet?

The prophet who sicced some bears on unruly youths and had them brutally mauled and murdered?

The deity who told his followers to kill every man, woman, and child of the people who just happened to be settled in the lands he wanted them to live on?

16 Likes

The use of the word “character” implies that the people mentioned in the Bible aren’t real. Which would rise the ire of their audience if they thought about it for 2 seconds.

11 Likes

Honestly it’s amazing the conservatives haven’t already cancelled King David. He was so bisexual.

2 Likes

I used to have (some) respect for Bill Hemmer, but that Fox News Channel money just rots the brain

1 Like