"They're gonna come after Bible characters next," says Fox News' Bill Hemmer

You expect entirely too much of the “evangelical right”

3 Likes

Ha, my first impression was that he has that perfect little delay between “bible” and “characters” while he straightens the papers that just screams local news anchor that is doing the performance without noticing or caring what is being said.

1 Like
5 Likes

Bill Hemmer: “Those liberals are going to cancel the Bible!”
Hemmer: (reads Sermon on the Mount)
Hemmer: “Someone cancel the fucking Bible.”

7 Likes
7 Likes

The identical twins who appeared on his educational program were in agreement.

New for next season is News For White People featuring Mel Gibson and literally any blonde woman”.

2 Likes

Traditional family values…

3 Likes

Deluxe Miracle Jesus!

Reminds me of Buddy Christ from Dogma…

12 Likes

I think you would like this japanese Cartoon:

5 Likes

Hemmer has a point, actually. The Left cancelled President Quayle’s entire time as President when he wasn’t PC enough, and now everyone pretends George HW Bush was President until 1992 instead of resigning in 1990.

Just because Quayle had a few controversial positions about revoking the19th Amendment and banning girls from going past eighth grade, we have to erase him from history?

1 Like
5 Likes

5 Likes

Seriously, most of the characters are either completely fabricated (Adam, Noah, Lot), or mythological sociopathic superheroes (Samson) or historical sociopathic figures (David) or sociopathic deities (Yahweh aka The Plague Playah aka The Notorious G.O.D. and his sidekick, Li’l Yahweh aka Anoint This aka Jesus Carpenter). Why don’t these christians ever read the book they profess to worship?

4 Likes

that could be worked into a catchy tune.

1 Like

First, they came after Bible characters and I did not speak up, as I was not a Bible character.

Then, they came after Star Wars characters and I did not speak up, as I was not a Star Wars character.

Then, they came after Disney Princesses and I did not speak up, as I was not a Disney Princess.

They never actually got around to coming after me…perhaps because I actually exist and therefore can actually defend myself.

8 Likes

That was the exact thing I thought of when I read this, lol.

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel. And as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him and said unto him, “Go up, thou bald head! Go up, thou bald head!”

24 And he turned back and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two shebears out of the wood and tore forty and two children of them.

Pretty much the entire Old Testament is a horror show.

5 Likes
1 Like

He’s worried they’re going to hold Biblical characters responsible for their words and deeds? I think that’s pretty unlikely for a variety of reasons. Or is he using “cancel culture” in the sense of “erasing entirely from history”- that is, the bullshit sense based on something nobody ever actually tries to do?

1 Like

It’s more like his words are not intended to have objective meaning, just sound scary.

2 Likes

“Character” is an interesting word to use for someone who believes, or claims to believe, that the Bible represents historical truth. We don’t tend to refer to Alexander the Great, or Mark Twain, or Abraham Lincoln as “characters” because they weren’t fictional: they actually existed.