Thieves bring net to aquarium, scoop up shark, and steal it by putting it in baby carriage

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/30/thieves-bring-net-to-aquarium.html

The shark’s been found.

10 Likes

Poor shark. First the humiliation of living in a petting zoo, then death by redneck.

8 Likes

Smuggling aquatic creatures out of an aquarium in a baby carriage? Who would come up with such a thing?

11 Likes

Came here to see someone mention Pat Conroy and, well, I guess it will have to be me.

i just heard this on one of the dallas news reports.

If this was the dress rehearsal for stealing the Great White they are going to need a bigger stroller.

2 Likes

She didn’t die, though. Lucky that the thief was actually an experienced aquarium owner looking for a free pet and not doing it for… I don’t know, either resale or for no reason whatsoever. I honestly expected it was done for no reason whatsoever until I read the article nanopet linked. That just seems like the state of the world right now.

4 Likes

Yeah…but it’s cute when Disney does it.

2 Likes

. . . a bleach bucket? That can’t have been good.

2 Likes

The thieves were able to steal the shark from the aquarium’s “touch pool,” the area where people are able to touch and pet sea life, while the attendant was distracted by other visitors.

Were.

Where people were able to touch and pet sea life.

Like something out of a Damon Runyon story.

3 Likes

Man, Hollywood totally dropped the ball not making this the plot line to one of the “Ocean’s” movies.

1 Like

Maybe it’s all a viral stunt for the next Sharknado movie?

2 Likes

Bay… bee…
Shark doot doo, doot doot do-doo babyshark doot doo, doot doot doo-doo…

1 Like

Hey, man. The gentleman isn’t a redneck, he’s a cedarchopper.

Damn Yankee.

1 Like
1 Like

I mean, the least they could have done…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.