Thieves steal $22,000 worth of cheese

cheese

22 Likes

This is the kind of heist i can get behind

String Cheese Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

13 Likes

I’m sorry if that grates.

11 Likes

The plot has leaked for the next Wallace and Gromit film ? They are playing detectives on the trail of the cheese snatchers ?!

11 Likes

I’m pretty feta up.

8 Likes

They took those cheeses very Caerphilly to only lift the older ones. Someone must have caseined the joint - maybe an Explorateur. Either way, someone jumped through Hoops to arrange all this.
Wheels of cheese? Sounds like Dunlop to me.
They must have had a Rumi getaway van for all that cheese.
I hope they get caught and the police can Provel it was them.

(ETA, sorry for milking it so much. But this is the crème de la crème of cheese puns, and they’re all fraiche.) :wink:

9 Likes

Police have circulated a photograph of the suspects.

18 Likes

They tend to be safer about it.

7 Likes

Down Curdson way they speak in hushed tones of the Grate Cheese Heist. Police are on the lookout for a short dumpy young woman and a hairy legged gentleman.

5 Likes

Weird. This is how I play Skyrim.

2 Likes

Cracker Jackers

12 Likes

This is a huge problem with vanilla in Madagascar. It is actually posing a threat to world vanilla supplies, as organized criminals steal/harvest the vanilla pods before they are ripe, which reduced the quality significantly.

7 Likes

How many wheels is this though? 20 years ago I would have guessed 1000, but maybe today it’s 500, or even as low as 200? The price of Gouda may need to rise further as a result of this theft. We will all pay in the end!

1 Like

well… wensleydale have always asked when I suppose

Sounds like a job for…

7 Likes

The worst type of cheese criminals are the Swiss cheese thieves, who take all the cheese but leave the holes.

9 Likes

JF’s writing career is beginning to look like a variation of Douglas Adams’ but with more divergence and branching. “That’s a great idea - I’ll finish the first novel, get excited by the second -oh look! A dodo! Ooh, I’ve got a great idea for another series of novels! RABBITS! It’s about - ooh! I’ve got a great idea about another series and the first novel’s a cracker! It’s about … OMG! HIBERNATION!”

FFS. Just finish a thought.

3 Likes

This is making me hungry for cheese with the serial numbers filed off.

1 Like

Is anyone else most intrigued by the mention of mandatory Dutch cheese serialization?

Is this some sort of protected-designation-of-origin thing? Health and safety traceability requirement? Ensuring that only street-legal cheese wheels are operated on public roads?

2 Likes

With that kind of price, I assume it’s pure, uncut cheese.

4 Likes