Things about 2017 that don't suck

Booked a holiday yesterday. I fly to hongkong on the 5th. Does not suck.

14 Likes

Had to take a crap job a few months ago b/c that’s what you do to pay the bills sometimes. Minimum wage hike to $11 now in effect here in NYC, so I get a raise. And a promotion if I hold on for another two months.

17 Likes

She did what I can only assume is an anti-condom advert, which I found quite tasteless:

6 Likes

That is so tasteless I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or try to top it.

8 Likes

I feel yah on that one. I’m a week or two out from being employed in my position for 6 months, I don’t think there are any open positions for a promotion right now, but I’ll take the up to 50 cent raise.

3 Likes

+1 for 2017: last week, in 2016, our cat had diabetes – this week, 2017, he doesn’t (performed additional blood test over the weekend)

14 Likes

Hey! Maybe only shitheads will die this year.

16 Likes
21 Likes

Anyone else remember this moment?

2 Likes

I’m leaving for Orlando to go to Disney World today - 2017 has that going for it.

12 Likes

Going to a swamp in the middle of Florida doesn’t suck?

Whatever works for you, I guess. :wink:

Have fun!

6 Likes

Too late. We needed that crop to wither prior to November.

6 Likes

I wish I got to hit the swamps. Great Winter birding in FL, but the kids have no tolerance for that kind of thing.

7 Likes

14 public holidays on a weekday!

(more are not possible - Bavaria has anyway most holidays in Germany, my home town has a super-special one and 31. Oct is this year a holiday because of 500 years reformation)

11 Likes

BBC reports the “eclipse of the century” will be observable in many across parts of the United States

Over the course of one-and-a-half-hours, the Moon’s shadow will trace an arching path from Oregon in the west diagonally downwards towards South Carolina.
In addition, several large urban centres, such as St Louis, Missouri, and Nashville, Tennessee, lie in the path of the eclipse.
There isn’t much cutting-edge science to be done on eclipses, but next year’s event is sure to provide one of the greatest natural spectacles in recent memory.

11 Likes

##Vs

Ooo, careful, looks like y’all are burning through your five days of sunshine quick this year.

10 Likes

:slight_smile: I’ll take what we have right now over being in Florida. I like the weather right now…

(to be fair, the weather in Jan and Feb was pretty much the only thing I liked about living in GA, except then I couldn’t go snowboarding).

6 Likes

One of the few things I liked about living in Boston was the cold. The lack of sunshine was tragic, though.

Cruel twist of fate for a stocky guy to be born in the subtropical swamp.

2 Likes

My surgeon asked me yesterday if I spent much time in the sun. I told him I lived in the PNW for 40 years.

9 Likes

So, like, two weeks? :wink:

2 Likes