Things I miss: The Swanson TV Dinner

So Hadfield was smoking Easter eggs instead of weed? Now I’m really confused.

6 Likes

I mean…

4 Likes

That looks more like a Fabergé mango with a fungal infection.

3 Likes

Careful, those things are habit forming:

5 Likes

Diced tomatoes, freshly-shelled peas, shallots and samphire, dressed with some olive oil and some good cider vinegar. Lovely accompaniment to loads of foodstuffs (lamb chops especially), or just as a bruschetta topping.

4 Likes

I was still thinking about @LDoBe’s dope-in-space picture and was mightily confused about your smoking ingredients

4 Likes

Tomatoes are a bitch to light, yeah.

4 Likes

6 Likes

My grandma called that ‘ambrosia’.

5 Likes

There’s an old* Far Side cartoon about a large person in a supermarket contemplating** the purchase of a Glutton Man dinner.

* tautology

** not for long

2 Likes

Spray-cheese and tortilla chips is the fabled nectar-of-the-gods referenced in Greek Mythology.

Pythagoras invented food-in-a-can, although it was primarily used for olives and dried fish.

#littleKnownFacts

3 Likes

To my wife’s disgust, I prefer canned green-beans to fresh or frozen.

1 Like

[quote=“renke, post:183, topic:86685”]
the best known producer of cow pads[/quote]
I used to live next to a pasture. Please tell me that your use of “cow pads” is not the one that comes to my mind.

2 Likes

close enough : D

3 Likes

At age twelve, I would have killed for “taco night”. The one saving culinary grace of my childhood was that my old man worked for a company owned by first generation Italian immigrants, and we were invited to their house for dinner twice a month. If I could have hidden meatballs and braciole in my pockets undetected, I surely would have.

4 Likes

I’d rather eat a quart of ranch than a milliliter of this stuff

4 Likes

Last time we tried to cook braciole here was about three years ago. It took us an honest hour to track down all the ingredients, plus about three hours to cook. Braciole is good food, and probably the best Italian food there is, but it is not worth the hassle to cook on a regular basis.

1 Like

+1 Like for being correct; -0.1 Like for mixing Imperial units with metric units.

6 Likes

Me too.

Our garden’s about shot its bolt for the year…the greens are still barely hanging on (romaine, Swiss chard, arugula, bok choi), but the tomatoes, peppers, cukes and eggplant are now history, or pickling in the fridge.

Back to the grocery produce aisle until June, dammit.

3 Likes

5 Likes