Things that make you happy

When I was at a Jeopardy! Audition in Sacramento, I met a woman who included as a fun fact her love of Britcoms. When we talked at the break she said Richard Ayoade could do no wrong, and up until his appearance on “8 out of 10 cats does Countdown” (spoiler: don’t expect TNETENNBA brilliance) I completely agreed with her.

5 Likes

Wind roaring through tall timber under starlight, last leaves spiralling upwards out of sight, bright colors lost to the night.

12 Likes

I had managed to not see that one yet, so I’ll put it on my to-be-avoided list. I started to read Ayouade on Ayouade, which up to the point I reached managed to be written in his voice perfectly and was amusing, but I only have a digital copy and my iPad broke so that doesn’t make me happy, and it’s inappropriate for this thread. I broke it in SEATAC on the way home from visiting Vancouver, and driving around on a Vespa in Vancouver made me happy, so let’s return to Canada for a moment, as there’s happiness there. I’ve visited various parts of Canada, lived in Nova Scotia for a couple years. Visiting Canada always makes me happy, and I was happy living there as well.

4 Likes

You must be a happy person in general. I lived in Vancouver for 21 years, and I drive in it only because I know where everything is and understand the unwritten rules of making left turns on some of its busiest thoroughfares. ETA: What makes me happy is when newcomers and visitors ask me for directions when I visit!

I would like to move to Nova Scotia. My paternal grandmother’s family have an island named for them there, and how cool would it be to have Nathan Mackinnon and Sidney Crosby serve coffee at Tim Horton’s?

Richard just throws a curveball in expectations, is all; you’d never expect Victoria Coren Mitchell or her husband David to do what he did when they appear on “Catsdown.” Don’t forgo the episode if you’re an Ayoade fan: just don’t expect any IT Crowd references or nine-letter bonuses from him.

I saw his directorial debut “Submarine” at the Seattle International Film Festival and chickened out of asking Ayoade why he left out the storyline of the fat bullied girl Zoe’s revenge.

5 Likes

Went to bed early and tired at 9:30 and slept-slept till 8am. In bed awake another two hours after that. Man I needed that – mentally and physically. Extra sleep makes me happy :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I’m with you there, and I’ll throw in some Buckwheat Zydeco, for no other reason than I apparently like accordions.

9 Likes

Dog + leaves.

19 Likes

Minuscule

or

11 Likes

Discovery of the morning that made me positively giddy with happiness!
A large digital collection of streaming or downloadable whistling records!
http://www.whistlingrecords.net/LP/

3 Likes

Gifs like this one make me happy:

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-7136-IC1396-3d-Animated-GIF-by-J-P-Vx4M.gif

16 Likes

I see the giant eye of Suaron, shaking his head going “uh, uh. Not gonna happen”

5 Likes

I know it’s not the most sophisticated humor but this show cracks me up and put a smile on my face. You might say it makes me happy… “Would I be a black Hitler? Yes. No.”

7 Likes

“Am I a blue state or red state hobo?”
“Blue, but Midwestern blue.”
“Awwwww…”

7 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHl_EXK_9n0

If thats to long, this:

But be carefully with the rest. Does not make me happy. :wink:

6 Likes

Great Snowy Owls make me happy.

13 Likes

Never seen a snowy, but really want to some day. They’re one of the most beautiful raptors, and somehow funny to boot.

Great horned owlets make me happy. They nest around here, every time I see the foofy things I’m happy.

Burrowing owls make me happy too.

15 Likes

Also Flossaluzitarin makes me happy.

15 Likes

but really want to some day.

They should make an appearance near me pretty soon, I’ll post some pics when I get them.

4 Likes

My first exposure to him was The Mighty Boosh. He’s terrific.

6 Likes

Mine was through The IT Crowd.

However, for something completely different. watch Submarine.

7 Likes