This man has made 220 videos of himself sitting in a corner and smiling for 4 hours at a time

[Read the post]

1 Like

I donā€™t quite ā€œgetā€ it. But more power to you, bro. You be you.

14 Likes

This is amazing.

Ah, no it isnā€™t.

14 Likes

As a hipster, I have to point out that you havenā€™t really experienced this until youā€™ve heard it on the original vinyl.

28 Likes

Okay, I had to peek just to get a look at this guy. I tried #210. He gets into position, adjusts his shirt, settles himself, all without smiling, and then CLICK! The smile locks onto his face. Then I spot-checked through the 4 hours to see if anything noticeably changes. Nope, not really, just the moving daylight. And then at the end, he scoots forward to shut off the camera. I was expecting his smile to click off before he moved, but it didnā€™t. Seemed locked in place.

I wonder if it takes a bit to de-cramp the cheek muscles.

9 Likes

With the right medication he wouldnā€™t have to do goofy shit like thatā€¦or hell who knows, maybe he-ā€˜s got exactly the perfect prescription. Either way heā€™s still fuckinā€™ goofy.

1 Like

I laughing my ass off over here!

1 Like

Uh, spoiler alert next time maybe? Guess I can just skip #210 now.

Thanks a lot.

38 Likes

Thank you for taking the video hit for all of us. My curiosity is now sated.:relieved:

5 Likes

Well, wait until you see what happens in #211, when the exact same thing happens except with a different shirt.

Happy now?

12 Likes

He completely loses his shit.

ā€œYou ask if Iā€™m happy. I sit here and do nothing but fucking smile for four hours a god damned day, and you want to know if Iā€™m happy? Well am I? Am I fucking happy?ā€

9 Likes

itā€™s a human finding a thingā€”a peaceful, victimless indulgenceā€”that they are drawn to and genuinely enjoy, not giving any fucks what other people think about it. this person then works to figure out a way to make their modest living doing this thing, creating a perfect joy and peaceful life for themselves, while ostensibly also bringing happiness to others.

how is that not fucking amazing? :slight_smile:

16 Likes

The warmth really comes through.

4 Likes

For periodic content he should have picked Patreon over Kickstarter. It can be much easier to grow a backing organically instead of needing to generate all the hype at once. Iā€™d probably give him a few bucks a month just because it would amuse me to.

1 Like

Buddhists have a practice called loving kindness meditation, where you focus on happiness to different beings as you meditate. When I first saw these videos, I assumed thatā€™s what he was doing.

Itā€™s a pretty good argument that heā€™s extended it to include YouTube viewers.

3 Likes

This is a truly disturbing piece of performance art. He just sits there, rigid, his face a rictus, doing nothing, saying nothing, as his life melts away and sweat soaks his shirt. Who would want this? Why? Itā€™s an exercise in pointless asceticism.

9 Likes

The Joker strikes again.

5 Likes

Heā€™s just doing research for his upcoming performance of Alvin Lucierā€™s ā€œI am Sitting in a Roomā€

2 Likes

I wonā€™t stand for this!
And Iā€™m not taking this sitting down!

1 Like