Things That Really "Grind My Gears..."

Surely once their foot is in the zebra these pedestrians do have the right of way.

3 Likes

How about we don’t derail this post into yet another pointless discussion of pedestrian v. drivers, hmmm?

Thanks.

2 Likes

You mean derail the thread? Because the post to which I replied was certainly about pedestrians and drivers.

For that matter, the thread’s title suggests it is primarily automotive in nature.

2 Likes

It’s not.

And thanks for the pedantry; but please abide.

2 Likes

<>

Why is a pineapple?

3 Likes

No soap—radio!

4 Likes

Because ginger isn’t.

4 Likes

Although I’ve been great for a while, I do sometimes have to use a cane. I’ve noticed that even when I’m doing so, I’ll inevitable have to weave my way through a pack of slow moving students meandering their way down the hall. (Side note: it’s a wide hall, how on Earth are they managing to block so much of it?) Seriously people, the person with the cane is moving faster than you are; get out of the way before I prod you with it.

9 Likes
  1. “On accident” (epidemic among millenials)
  2. “Across” pronounced with a “T” at the end (epidemic here in Oregon)

In addition: Cripps Pink FTW:

8 Likes

How about the Midwestern positive anymore?

6 Likes

Omg it has a name ?!?!?!? You sir are my hero.

5 Likes

Thank you, but now I have to talk like this anymore.

2 Likes

I… kind of… love it. ::ducks::

also “needs washed” and “try fix” constructions

4 Likes

I say “needs done” all the time, even though the positive anymore bothers the everloving crap out of me. I’m not sure why.

1 Like

On the contrary; I know plenty of Gen X’ers who say “on accident.” I’ve never paid any attention as to whether Baby Boomers do it or not.

2 Likes

Irrespective of population it never fails to grind my gears. Are you (heaven forfend) defending the indefensible here?

I’m not ‘defending’ anything; incorrect grammar is incorrect, no matter who’s using it.

I was pointing out the logical fallacy in saying or even implying that it’s mostly millennials who do so.

“Why doesn’t Google work?”

“Have you connected to the Wifi?”

“No.”

9 Likes

(Excerpt From: Muir, John. “My first summer in the Sierra.” Oxford Text Archive, Oxford University, 1911.)

2 Likes