13 Likes

8 Likes

Narrator: they didn’t

13 Likes

In BoingBoing Shop, bait clicks you!

13 Likes

Cleaved apart, or cleaved together? :thinking:

12 Likes

I’m changing my vote in Melz’s poll to the popcorn option if there’s cleavage…

8 Likes

It is possible that some sarcasm went over my head then.

Me? I don’t hate it and will probably read through them for the time being since they’re so short (unlike the drawn out Peter Sheridan “dubious tabloids” rundowns). But i hope at some point Toohey will find better things to do with their time.

8 Likes

I don’t like it because it’s lazy writing, and because it drags BB down toward whatever level a place like Buzzfeed occupies.

17 Likes

This poll is missing an option:

You’ll never believe how I feel about clickbait summaries. Option 4 will blow your mind!

24 Likes

LIke finish reading his their latest ann rand book??

14 Likes

At this point, it’s about 50% listicles and 50% links to amazon… Not sure why people would want BB to go in that direction…

12 Likes

I never wish to judge a book by it’s cover, but when that pseudonym first popped up here I gave it some serious side eye.

12 Likes

Most of those examples sound like AI to me. AI approving of AI doesn’t impress me!

11 Likes

I couldn’t even get a third of the way thru atlas, and never read anything else of hers. Her so-called mind was just so selfish and hateful…I wanted no more contact with it ever again.

I had no idea the BB author’s pseudonym was the name of one of her characters, and it’s a major turn-off.

ETA:

Oh, so very same!
Rainbow-UnicornTS
They sounded a bit off to me, too, and I don’t think I recognized most of those avis. Also, who in the 21st century uses the word rubric in common parlance?

wiki say: In the realm of US education, a rubric is a “scoring guide used to evaluate the quality of students’ constructed responses” according to James Popham.

Mirriam-Webster say: an authoritative rule - especially : a rule for conduct of a liturgical service

tophat-shrug

13 Likes

HIPAA…how does it work?

8 Likes

I’m not sure that one poster flailing about like a display at a used car dealership counts as a BB argument…

12 Likes

Fuckin’ A.

There’s just so much ‘Dunning-Kruger’ going on with that person’s current line of commentary, it’s damn near painful to witness…

8 Likes

Especially painful for those of us who’ve had to go through endless repetitive HIPAA training for work for years and years.

Tired Baby GIF

12 Likes