Think Geek Bags?

So what sort of bags have folks here bought from Think Geek and what do they think of them? I would like a new bag (both a handbag and a messanger type bag) and like what they have, but would be interested in hearing other’s experiences with their products.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I can’t speak to their bags, but my general impression of Think Geek is that they come up with clever swag but the quality is at best really uneven. That said, I have some Portal bookends from them that are very well made. Plus they have a really lenient return period (90 days).

Durn it, now I’m tempted to head over there and do some gift shopping.

2 Likes

I do ebags for all by bagging needs. I’ve bought a lot of name brand and house branded items from them. Doña Heraclita isn’t impressed with their handbags though.

2 Likes

Military surplus stores with older European stuff can be a good source of messenger bags. No camo, materials like brass, canvas and hemp, and some, like the French and Italians, put some styling into them. Rugged too. Add a Star Wars Resistance patch for the geek-factor.

I’d never buy surplus online. You have to check in person for condition and mustiness.

4 Likes

More when I am with a proper keyboard, but I really like my full size bag of holding.

3 Likes

Okay back with a proper keyboard.
I got the old school Bag of Holding as it was one of the few non expensive options out there that would hold my 17" laptop over 5 years ago now. I don’t drag it around every day but it has been a great go bag for gaming or whatever if a bit awkward due to the large size but great on trips doubly so when packing my beast of a laptop and it is still in great shape for a canvas bag.

The new one is a bit taller it seems per the video and better made it looks better made and I have seen the con survival smaller one in use while out and about. I am actually tempted to get the newer one.

2 Likes

Seconded… There are some neat options that make for good re-purposing and decorating to be had in those places.

1 Like

I got this one on discount. For the price ($15 usd), love it! Fits 2 of my laptops and a bunch of other stuff on the go.

Biggest gripe is how dirty it gets on the go. Solid build quality.

3 Likes

Last owner of a military surplus store I met I am like 90% certain was a seller on the Silk Road on Tor…

3 Likes

For messenger bags, as in just one big bag with no dividers or whatever, I swear by Timbuk2. I have one of their bags that is now 20 years old. They used to also make decent laptop bags, not good and not any more from what I can tell.

Very true. Also lots of “surplus” is not surplus at all any more but just cheaply made in wherever reproductions.

2 Likes

Yeah, the better places mark that as “classic style” rather than surplus.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.