This 16-foot endoscopic camera makes home improvement projects a breeze

Damn y’all too much BB gadget shop. Do you live in a bee? Crazy. All that buzzing probably keeping you awake at night. Get some rest you maniacs

Yes. And are not cheap. Here’s a nice used one for $14,500. $5k can get get you a good one. Rigid scopes are even cheaper.

1 Like

I had one of these done: Cystoscopy (Bladder Scope): Purpose, Procedure, Side Effects, Risks I swear the damn tube was as big as a hosepipe! One of the least fun things I’ve done, but didn’t take long, and I got to hold a nurse’s hand!

2 Likes

Damn you! I was about to make everyone cringe with the story of my cystoscopy!
It doesn’t matter the gender, everyone crosses their legs when you describe exactly where they put the camera :wink:

At least I got to watch mine on the monitor. Personally it actually helped me ignore everything that was going on. I’m still annoyed that I’ve never had an MRI, I just want to see what my insides look like! Is that so strange?

2 Likes

Is it bee? Is bee.
Home: improved!

1 Like

Cringy cystoscope stories, I got one of them too! Our company bought a prostate treatment company. To introduce the technology to everyone, they showed an enlarged prostate treatment video to about 300 of us in an auditorium. We did surgery stuff, so have a high threshold for weird. We even had bowel surgery videos running on a loop in the cafeteria one day … and no one noticed. But two things freaked us out in this video.

The device is inserted through a cystoscope to stab the prostate multiple times. The first thing that freaked us out was the doctor and patient are just chatting away … with the patient’s junk just hanging out with the scope already inserted. Just chatting and smiling.

But the one that had half the crowd whimper and cross their legs is when the nurse grabbed a syringe with a HUGE needle (like 4" 16 gauge) and injects the guy’s junk with painkiller. Not cool. Not cool at all.

Afterwards, one of my coworkers vowed to go home and exercise his prostate. Wise words.

1 Like

With me they had some kind of anaesthetic gel (which doubled as lube I suppose), and they used a plastic syringe with no needle attached. Just jammed it straight in there.
I thought that was the worst bit…until I got home and had to empty my bladder, and all the dislodged micro-bladder stones, which were basically tiny sharp crystals, hit the already-scraped inside of my urethra.
My house mate thought she was alone in the house until I started screaming, so she got a bit of a shock.

I’m glad that boingboing leave the comments turned on for advertisement posts, otherwise I’d never have got to share that with you lucky people :wink:

4 Likes

But you never know where it’s been.

I do wonder if there are any endoscopes for non-medical use that are steerable.

Good pick up line.

2 Likes

I sure did, at least after the fact.
Me: “Am I done?! WOO-HOOO!” (in the style of Homer Simpson)
Guy on other side of curtain: “Sounds like it’s somebody’s first time…”

(Which brings us to…)

I had a story of a nurse trying to jam a catheter back up my urethra (right after pulling it out), but nah, I will defer to youse…

(And I suspect none of this is a patch on OB/GYN procedures. Back in college I asked my then-S.O. how her (routine!) appointment went. She started to tell me from the next room. Next thing I knew, I’m ass-on-the-floor after squeamishly passing out.)

Come on, you know EXACTLY where it’s been. :flushed: That’s the problem.

3 Likes

:rofl:

I should have said WHO.

2 Likes

In a boggling and perhaps somewhat Vonnegutian turn of events, one of the inaugural applications of the highest resolution display ever made; the Reality Deck at Stony Brook University - a 1.5 billion pixel room (3 walls) of monitors measuring 33’ x 19’ x 10’ - was to view a colonoscopy.

(warning, link is a bit ad-ridden, didn’t find any better online references to the occurrence)

I wasn’t sure whether to put this here or the animal butts thread, but in any case - just another data point on the state of our species technological journey into these final frontiers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.