This 1982 DeLorean DMC-12 could be yours

Parabéns, this is a serious ride! I’d love to have one, but It seems to be bigger than my apartment.

3 Likes

Current bid is great:

1 Like

While it’s a very cool looking car from the outside, I hear plenty of bad things about the engine.

One forward looking company may have found the answer:

1 Like

The DeLorean had the ZMJ-159 fuel-injected version.

1 Like
1 Like

Oh there are. There are companies that sell most of the parts to do the work and forums where people count rivets to see who has the most screen-accurate one. It’s a weird crowd in a sense, because it’s a car forum populated by people from the prop building scene, so they don’t tend to know anything about cars (but know all about how to build your own vacuum former for Mr. Fusion). It’s the only car community I’ve seen that doesn’t devote most of their time to arguing about oil.

“A shame” is a generous description of DeLorean being a stock-manipulating con man who sent all the company’s revenue straight up his nose. It’s a miracle that company actually managed to build a few cars. Imagine Tesla, but without the modicum of competence.

6 Likes

I think the five-digit odometer is an important detail here

3 Likes

And I just got your joke

3 Likes

It was owned by a little old lady from Pasadena, who only drove it home from the repair shop on Sundays.

4 Likes

A lot of bootleg cassettes of the Dead. As there is in those days zero radio worth listening to going through the wilds on the USA.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.