This 40-second ad should end Trump's campaign (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/21/this-40-second-ad-should-end-trumps-campaign-video.html

14 Likes

Didn’t John Oliver end Trump back in 2014?

22 Likes

Joe could do a different better off four years ago example EVERY single day to show what a cluster fk trump’s time in office was. There is no shortage of compare and contrast.

33 Likes

#33,515,212

Throw it on the pile.

39 Likes

If “Grab them by the…” didn’t end it, even with the incredibly uptight evangelicals, nothing is going to do it. Nothing but a whole shitload of us showing up at the polls with our friends and relations on election day.

54 Likes

Yes, unfortunately, that’s where we are. This, and so many other things, should have ended Trumps campaign years ago. (I’ve seen references to past campaign ending moments such as Dan Quayle and “potatoe,” Gary Hart and Donna Rice, and George Bush (Sr) looking at his watch too much during a presidential debate. Cults just don’t care about what horrible atrocities their leader commits until such time as he’s doing it to them … and even then it’s a tossup as to if they’ll object.

(Sorry, I know this isn’t anything new. I’m just increasingly frustrated over it.)

32 Likes

I’m tired of people saying how gas was super cheap - that’s because no one on the planet was using it. Food wasn’t cheap either - stores in many places outside of big cities had massive shortages (let’s not talk about the TP part) and millions of people suddenly found their economic profile impacted significantly.

It was a terrible, scary time. I never want to live through that again, and I feel my family generally got through it well. We lost 2 people, one at the beginning and one at the end, but are more or less ok mentally. A lot of others are not. And a lot of what happened was because no one was leading (at a Federal level) and Trump was actively sabotaging anything positive that didn’t benefit him directly.

37 Likes

I get incredibly pissed off when I think about how much better off we all would be if we were approaching the end of 8 years with Hillary Clinton.

32 Likes

Well, we can’t change that now, as much as we’d all like to. We should focus on the here and now, do what we can to save ourselves, and not let this kind of shit happen again on our watch.

23 Likes

Trump supporters are thinking about how they could be openly bigoted assholes with fewer consequences. The economy and pandemic are mere blips compared to that.

19 Likes

this ad won’t move the needle. MAGAts are too far gone.

7 Likes

Monkey’s Paw.

Down that leg of the pants of time, there’s a good chance Trump ran again in 2020, and won due to anger over Clinton Covid, maybe with a Project 2021 ready for the takeover.

The here and now is what we’ve got, and maybe that’s better than we think. :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

I’ve seen articles that opine Drumpf’s mishandling (ok, malignant ‘it’s only killing voters in blue areas… so let’s let it kill more’) of the pandemic doubled the number of deaths in the US. Probably a similar 2X for long COVID. That it eventually killed way more people in rural red areas due to their freedumdums and all that horse paste ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine and light bulbs up yer keister BS.

I keep hearing rwnjs ask “are you better off now than 4 years ago? wasn’t 2018 GREAT?!” and the simple math of 6 years ago is not 4 years ago…

My dad died of a respiratory infection in mid March of 2020, but my brother firmly believes COVID was a hoax so dad definitely didn’t die of it… sigh

Drumpf wants the job again to A) stay outta jail and B) finish killing off all us ‘vermin’

27 Likes

That one always boggles my mind, because it’s not like it was some secret or complicated, indirect cause. Everything shut down with a great deal of attention, demand for gas went down and so did prices. How does anyone manage to separate those things in their mind? When they want the gas prices back there, are they consciously asking for another economic shutdown?

14 Likes

It’s also too bad that this was posted on X/Twitter as I won’t ever get a chance to watch it since I refuse to use that cesspool of a service. Let us know if it’s cross posted someplace else.

20 Likes

Welcome, comrade!

8 Likes

I generally agree with avoiding Twitter whenever possible but in this case that’s where a lot of the people who actually need to hear the message are.

8 Likes

No. It was a fucking shitshow only to be topped by 2020’s gross, deadly incompétence. I’ve mentioned this before, but there’s a website that chronicled the entire mess, day by day, whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com. They’re still at it because the shitshow ain’t over yet.

Vote. Every time. Doesn’t matter what’s on the ballot. Vote.

11 Likes
11 Likes

Thank you, Mr Mycroft.

6 Likes