This AI video of gymnastics might be the freakiest I've seen yet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/01/this-ai-video-of-gymnastics-might-be-the-freakiest-ive-seen-yet.html

4 Likes

600px-Thing17.JPG

31 Likes

I like how several of the figures just disappear into the floor mats at the end. And by like, I mean it’s interesting and I wonder what caused the “AI” to interpret things that way, not that I enjoyed it.

11 Likes

“AI, why do people disappear in to the mats?”
“Thank you for your question. Sometimes people just disappear. Would you like to learn how I do it?”

12 Likes

I also don’t understand how gymnasts do what they do, it seems impossible - AI, I don’t blame you.

5 Likes

This is how Destiny 2 players ragdoll glitch bosses off the map to quickly farm for loot lol

9 Likes

that is one heck of a modern sentence mr. raccoon

7 Likes

This is as close as I want AI getting to athletics.

9 Likes

So I guess there’s a division for biblically accurate angels doing gymnastics now

7 Likes

Sarah already has lore about their tactic for intimidating opponents:

11 Likes

Look for these effects in the next X-Men movie.

3 Likes

AI will never be able to create “art.” Art is a synthesis and expression of so many human experiences, sensations, observations, musings, and memories that there is no room to list them all. Then there is the skilled manipulation of various types of media, materials, found objects, instruments, etcetera; all learned through trial and error. I don’t doubt that someday soon, a plotter might be created that can apply thick paint of any type to create a tactile-looking surface, but the plotter will never be moved by the performance or act. Good, valuable art has exactly one source: good artists.

10 Likes

Someone sent me this one yesterday:

5 Likes

They need to train the model on slow motion video.

1 Like

I’m sure by now you’re tired of…AI

Yes. Please stop.

8 Likes

Can we stop using the verb “think” with AI now

6 Likes

fail eurovision song contest GIF by NDR

5 Likes

No Way GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes

This is “will smith eating spaghetti” part 2. I want to see a follow-up on this in a year.

1 Like

The lack of understanding demonstrated in casual assertions about “AI”, is, ironically, more or less perfectly comparable to the “lack of understanding of the human body.”

There is no such thing as “AI.” There are a lot of different tools which use a variety of machine learning approaches and tools to do specific tasks. This example is particularly egregious in as much as it fails to engage—at all—with what generative media systems are designed to do and how they work.

5 Likes