This anti-pot PSA warns that smoking the devil's lettice may cause you to purchase too many surfing monkey statues

Originally published at: This anti-pot PSA warns that smoking the devil's lettice may cause you to purchase too many surfing monkey statues | Boing Boing

6 Likes

*lettuce

5 Likes

…is actually weed. Huh?

[Apolgies in advance if RTJ wasn’t what you were going for there. :upside_down_face:]

3 Likes

Of course, years later Scott sold these rare and objectively awesome surfing monkeys for $500 each on eBay.

24 Likes

Which drug is it that makes people buy Bored Ape EFTs?

12 Likes

Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF

8 Likes

I’m proud of my tchotchke collection. No shame here.

10 Likes

See, this is why I don’t do drugs. I buy too much dumb stuff sober!

5 Likes

8 Likes

Sorry, my dudes. Bad taste is NOT a side effect of smoking marijuana. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

I want one! Where can I get one! At least one!

4 Likes

Super-effective advertisement is super-effective.

(edit) And sorry about this … apropos of NOTHING AT ALL… but this came up on my social media feed this morning:

And I lol’d and lol’d.

5 Likes

This is the best thing to happen to me all week

Can you really have too many surfing monkey statues though?

I mean, their fundamental argument is flawed.

3 Likes

To be fair, I had a package from Amazon arrive with a couple of packets of Jelly Babies. I did order them when high and was amazed I could buy Jelly Babies.

To be fair this was not a expensive.

4 Likes

Great. Now I’m fighting the urge to hop over to Amazon to order Jelly Babies :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Devil’s lattice?
87d5ec3e2a692c2ac2e0fa178d96693b

8 Likes

puff… puff
that is the kind of shit i buy when baked - garden stuff. wierd plants and orchids. can’t take me to the nursery stoned. coming home with more colorful plants.
orchids make me happy.
excuse me while I go to my favorite [weird plant dot com] site to shell out some green-induced greenbacks on some new greenery…
aaand pass

eta: lovely lattice!

5 Likes

I know I tend to make ebay purchases for random stuff when I’ve had a couple drinks in the middle of the night. I don’t smoke pot so I have no idea if that goes along with weird purchases, but booze makes me sentimental and lowers my inhibition and good sense. Which is bad when every stupid object from your childhood is available on ebay.

At this point I’m completely there in solidarity. I would buy that monkey bank. Knock this battery off my shoulder.

1 Like