This Boba Fett trailer has a few new seconds of footage amongst the recut garbage

Originally published at: This Boba Fett trailer has a few new seconds of footage amongst the recut garbage | Boing Boing

2 Likes

When there’s no steak, sell the sizzle.

6 Likes

It needs more desert biome footage. By the time this series is over, I want to know what that weird frog thing in Return of the Jedi was and how sarlaccs manage to find enough to eat.

5 Likes

With Boba Fetta cheese.

6 Likes

How do Sarlaccs eat?

Image result for how sarlaccs manage to find enough to eat

The sarlacc’s mouth contained large mucus-coated teeth and strong tentacles for catching prey . The tentacles grabbed prey and pulled them into its maw, whereas the inward-pointed teeth functioned to keep victims in the mouth.

1 Like

Yeah, why isn’t every trailer all new footage, so instead we could complain that the trailers gave everything away?

3 Likes

I still think the sarlacc was spookier before they added the CGI beak.

As for how they find food, they’re basically a scaled-up version of an antlion with a highly efficient digestive system so I figured even if they average one bantha every couple of years then they still make out OK.

4 Likes

Save the sarlacc!

1 Like

Ok, so to be clear, I wasn’t actually wondering about the mechanics of how a pit trap works. I was wondering about the ecosystem that looks like empty sand and yet still provides enough energy for a predator to get that big, especially if it might have active tentacles.

Maybe one unlucky bantha a year is enough. Put that in the show then. Heck, cast David Attenborough to explain it and I will definitely check it out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think the whole “desert ecosystem producing inexplicably large predators concealed under the endless sand dunes” thing was mostly just George Lucas stealing from Frank Herbert.

6 Likes

Yeah, it is a damned if you do, damned if you don’t. When hyping a new movie or show, you got to keep trickling something new to catch your attention. But too much, and you give it away.

I remember being a little disappointed when I FINALLY saw Who Framed Rodger Rabbit in theaters (going to an actual movie as a kid was rare), and thought that all the good gags were already in the trailers.

Anyway - it looks like they showed a few new glimpses.

I do get tired of desert-scapes. I get it, you read Dune. You wanted a sand word. But between that and other sci-fi stories in the desert, I am just sick of sand. But it looks like this story is mainly on Tatooine, so I will have to get over it.

Too many Star Wars (and sci fi) aliens don’t have any realistic way they could evolved to live in the environments they live in. Like Hoth: the Wampas I assumed eat Tauntauns - but what do they eat? It’s all ice! Even if they lick exposed rocks and lichens like reindeer, it is an ice planet that doesn’t have a summer to fatten up on vegetation. Maybe the Tauntauns were imported to be used in Hoth (which makes sense, as they can’t even survive in the cold nights), which then begs the question - what to large apex predators like Wamps normally eat?

And the space slug/worm. Maybe that tunnels and eats minerals somehow… but the mouth doesn’t look like it is made for that.

Oh well - just sit back and except the alien creatures are there to pose a danger for the heroes to overcome. Can’t think TOOOO hard on it.

2 Likes

I can’t help but wonder why there have been multiple, highly dismissive posts about this show when the author obviously doesn’t care for it, and believes no one else should, either. It’s saddening seeing this site seemingly yuck others’ yum, with literally zero comment about why.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Never make a Star Wars fan angry. You wouldn’t like them when they’re angry.

3 Likes

Can’t be worse than Halo.

1 Like

tenor (22)

8 Likes

I’m gonna be honest with you. When someone doesn’t like something- their language often reflects their opinions.

4 Likes

Boba says even less than in prior installments in this trailer — perhaps Disney can pay less if they use less speech?

Possibly. Pay scale often depends on how many lines you have. It’s a significant jump from “just being an extra” to actually having a line, even if it’s one word. Still, if you’re a star the jump can be huge.

3 Likes

Ah, yes… that image reminds me that even the Sarlacc wasn’t spared George Lucas’s special-edition glut of unnecessary CG effects. It was menacing enough being a big, toothy digesting hole in the desert without adding what appears to be Audry II in the middle.

2 Likes

There were lots of bones in that cave. Dont count out Hoth having a summer or some diverse bioforms. From wookipedia:

In terms of the creature’s diet, wampas subsisted primarily on Hoth’s many varieties of omnivorous tauntauns,[7][8][13] although they also hunted lumbering icetromper herd beasts,[14] antlered mammals called rayboo, and other, smaller unwary creatures[1]—as well as attacking anyone or anything else they encountered that might seem to be a source of food if particularly hungry.

1 Like