This build-it-yourself musical Tesla coil looks and sounds positively otherworldly

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/07/this-build-it-yourself-musical-tesla-coil-looks-and-sounds-positively-otherworldly.html

Finally something fun to do on long flights.

6 Likes

“Sounds otherworldly”

More like, sounds like a million dirtbikes

2 Likes

Things like this initially sound interesting till you read the first couple lines and realize it’s the same crappy BBstore copy writing trying to shill for yet another POS product.

3 Likes

It’s what the Sturgis rally would sound like if it were attended by hamsters on appropriately sized motorcycles.

4 Likes

4 Likes

You’ll need to buy two so you can make them into headphones. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Buy 2 and make double the friends. :rofl:

2 Likes

Showed this to teh Missus and she said: “No.”

I said: “But it makes sparks - and music!”

And she said: “You want sparks? Here’s a bobby pin. Stick it in an outlet. Knock yerself out.”

ah well — they don’t deliver to Canada anyway

someday, yes, someday

4 Likes

Looks like a pretty good product, actually. The music quality is much better than smaller “POS” musical coil kits I’ve seen. It’s expensive even with the discount, but it’s a much stronger coil and probably more robust and better thought out over all.

1 Like

wow this is just so amazingly beautiful !!! excited to hear this exotic sound bytes !! tesla my man what a genius !!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.