This cannabis cigar contains 12 grams of weed and costs $420

I’m guessing they make no more than they know they can sell, to build up hype with artificial scarcity.

Ouch! When I was there a few years back I paid about 8 bucks a gram for some bubblegum and even got some ghost train for 9 USD a gram IIRC. And frankly that seems excessive to me, but it was so much better than I can get here in the no-man’s land that is central Texas that I bit the bullet.

3 Likes

“represents success, luxury, and sophistication”

apparently I’m doing it wrong

4 Likes

A) 15 years is a long time, and there’s a notable difference in quality between NorCal and SoCal.

B) Any time you mix strains, it’s gonna affect the overall potency of the product.

C) To each his own for what one is will to pay for; things only have as much value as we are willing to give them.

Given that an ounce equals a little more than 28 grams, and that an ounce of genuine high grade here costs anywhere from 2 to 3 c-notes, I still say the product in question here is ridiculously over-priced… especially with regards to your concerns about convenience, customer service, and selection variety; that’s all standard at any reputable dispensary here, and again without the extra $200 markup.

4 Likes

A. I go back and visit at least 2-3x a year. I think ive got a handle on that situation.
B. What the hell does that have to do with what we are talking about?
C . you are mixing the subjects. This specific product is over priced, but not that high for WA prices. My “ease of access” commentary was on the over all better experience the recreational market gets you versus a limited medical/gray-black market you have in CA.

1 Like

No idea; I live in NorCal.

I know what LA had when I visited was ‘low grade’ by comparison to offerings from Humboldt and Mendocino counties.

Was it really necessary to get snotty, dude? You mentioned CA strains being mixed with Mexi dirt-weed, which is the only reason I addressed it.

Again, see Letter C:

Go for what you know; you buy whatever you want… it’s no skin off my nose, and the overage sure isn’t coming out of MY pocket… so whatever floats your boat.

1 Like

Oh you can often find similar prices on small grams like that up here (average non sale price is 10 to 12)
My recent purchase. 3.5 g indica, 2 g hybrid 1g specific sativa strain, and a 10mg thc single serving edible. Total was 79 with tax. So again, how is this overpriced?

You think me asking in that way is snotty? Wow. Talking about projection.
I in NO WAY said that strains were being mixed. I merely stated that pre-legalization (and for most of CA medical life) WA was primarily sourced from BC and CA was from Nor Cal AND mexi weed. (being a SLO resident we always seemed to get the mix of what came from the south and what came from up north)

We’re talking specifically about the 12g for $420; and for the average person who partakes, that IS overpriced.

My mistake, I thought you meant the strains were mixed, not the sources.

I’m gonna move on now, as this conversation isn’t productive, plus it’s finally quittin’ time.

Good day.

1 Like

Multiple people here are looking at this and thinking that is the average price so I was just sharing some extra information. Again, while this product IS over priced for the “luxury image” it is supposedly selling, comparatively for what it is providing it is not that ridiculous. Just mostly.

You pay more per gram on bigger sizes? :thinking:

Um, it’s your money, but that sounds really high even with tax and retail. Anyway, even at those prices, these bespoke cigarillos cost twice what they should unless they’re paying their rollers in gold doubloons.

Anyway, I’m taking a page from Melz and bowing out. I was just remarking on what seemed a high cost. If you’re happy with your purchases, there’s no reason to fight over it. Peace.

1 Like

It all depends on the strain. Like I said, many strains will sell you a gram for 10-12 bucks, 1/8ths of the same are cheaper than buying 3 and half individual units for sure.

Not saying WA taxes aren’t high (37% I believe), but I am really not paying that much more than I was in a black market just 4 years ago. Again, the convience and selection are worth the extra prices. We also have super shitty taxes on booze too.

So in your neck of the woods, what are your prices?

1 Like

I can get a decent ounce for under a hundred. But decent is relative. We just don’t have access to the stuff in the states with established legal markets. That said, I pay much less for the same good quality in Colorado when I go there to ski and visit fam than I do when I visit the Northwest for work. Either way I stock up…one of the few benefits of having to travel a lot for work.

2 Likes

And for sure, the more variety of product I have access to does come with a higher price. I don’t shop at the cheapest store around (service and location are important to me) and again, our taxes are a bit ridiculous but I haven’t felt it being a problem and it wasn’t that much of a change to my budget. OZ up here will save you some buck in the long run but who the hell needs to buy that much anymore? Seeing is I can hit a store 7 days a week, I am always able to sample many different varieties instead of being locked into one strain.

I tend to stick to my favorites, so even if I could be somewhere I could stop by a dispensary every day on the way home (which still sounds a bit like time suck, but to each their own), I’d still probably stick to half ounces as I don’t want to spend the time or money shopping more than once a month.

1 Like

My thought as well. Yup, we sold one. That’s 100% of the product.
As an added benefit, you can hype it as “we only have one left!” to the poor (but not poor) sap who walks in looking for something special.

2 Likes

‘Watch me incinerate a hefty chunk of change’?

5 Likes

@randywalters, @Melz2, @GulliverFoyle

Not quite as bad once you factor in the additional 1 gram of rosin for the small and 3 grams of rosin for the large. Rosin goes for more then shatter here per gram, and rosin is extracted without any solvents, it is very terpy and nice, not to be confused with resin. Still these are being priced as a premium product, i agree, just pointing out all the rosin in these suckers.

these sound lovely…BUT…i want to meet the person who can smoke 12g of high quality weed and 3g of rosin…WOW. That is crazy land, and i have a higher tolerance then most people i know.

6 Likes

Fair point about the rosin, but this product still is in no way economical, and I still contend that only suckers who wanna floss (show off) are likely to be regular consumers.

Hey, I’m down to take the challenge any time someone wants to pony up the cost…

7 Likes

Throwing my hat in that ring too…I’m supportive like that.

A friend with weed is a friend indeed.

7 Likes

A Happy Mutant Smoke Out would be bomb… pun intended.

:wink:

Of course I’d still be a total snob about my own personal smoking buddies, because I’m just a darling like that; but you totally make the cut…

6 Likes