This 'Clowna Sutra' shirt shows copulating clowns (and non-copulating balloon dogs)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/09/this-clowna-sutra-shirt-sh.html

Surely if IT was to blame only one member of each couple would be a clown.

1 Like

Weirdly, I was just thinking the other day about the strange early-90s trend of t-shirts covered in drawings of humping cartoon things – humping dogs, cars, lizards, or whatever. Seemed like they were everywhere when I was in high school, but I haven’t seen one since then. I guess Chris Lindland remembers.

I have too many conflicting feelings with this shirt…

I love “loud hawaii shirts”, I love stupid prints, I hate clowns. The mix of the supposed innocence but actually yucky clowns with the still kinda (on clothing at least) taboo subject of sex makes for a nice juxtaposition that I can dig. I really don’t like clowns. I dig the kitchyness. I also know this is not the first coupling of clowns with sex, and while this is definitely not my “thing” I really admire the visceral weirdness this has. I usually love a good pun too, but Clowna Sutra doesn’t add or subtract anything for me in this case.

I would buy some of their other stuff though, if they could ship from within the EU.

1 Like

Uhm. No.

It’s OK and all, I guess, but I’m left wondering “why?”

The tattoos distract me from the clowns.

My exact reaction as well

Seems like a good time to post Steve Martin’s classic examination of the sex life of clowns.

1 Like

Because it’s there.

Surely if IT was to blame, they’d be screwing (up) your computer…

3 Likes

(and non-copulating balloon dogs)

Gotcha covered:

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m not ok with this.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.