This contractor-grade telescoping ladder more than a story high folds down to just 3 feet

I think that’s all pretty consistent, honestly. If you’re used to buying weekend warrior stuff, “contractor grade” is a cut above. For a cabinet shop, “contractor grade” is below you on the scale. :smiley:

2 Likes

So, why did the post possibly by someone at Xtend+Climb (or just quoting from their material) get deleted? Seemed like a valid response to posts in the forum, including mine. Was there something in it that I missed?

The post noted that Xtend+Climb has ANSI 1A rated ladders with a 300 pound load capacity. That would address part of Artor’s point about the limitations of a 250 pound rated ladder.

At the link you can see that some of the ladders are 250 pound rated and some are 300 pound rated.

http://xtendandclimb.com/products/telescoping-ladders/contractor-series.html

The ladder being sold by Stack Social / Boing Boing Store, the 165+/250, is a 250 pound rated one, though.

Well, I was ready to flag them for creating an account just to advertise their product. Their response seemed to be from a corporate social media employee. Alas, it wasn’t me who flagged it.

(eta: I didn’t think it was the same company, but it disappeared too fast for me to be sure. I generally take my time before flagging a comment.)

Given that this is a thread for an official Boing Boing posted advertisement for their product I’d think that an official response by the company to criticisms/concerns about it’s products would be entirely reasonable and appropriate, welcome even.

I edited my comment as you were replying. Unfortunately, it disappeared so quickly I can’t comment any further. (Sorry.)

1 Like

NP. I think it was for the same company, but as for you it disappeared so fast I’m not sure. Even if it wasn’t the same company, I’d be interested in hearing from the competition.

I remember that they said their company had been in business 18 years and that they make ladders that conform to the latest ANSI specification for telescoping ladders, including 1A 300 pound rated ladders. According to the Xtend+Climb website the brand was launched in 2001, so I’m pretty sure it’s what the poster was referring to.

From what I read in the post I don’t think the post should have been flagged or deleted unless I missed something pretty significant.

1 Like

I have one of these segmental folding ladders - its only just ok. Its heavy, and when fully extended its disturbingly flexible making it hard to use to at its highest reach. I eventually augmented it with a more conventional extension ladder which always feels more solid. I got a triple extension ladder which at rest is small enough to carry through doorways, and reaches higher than the folding ladders. And does not feel like a spring when you climb it.

https://www.wernerco.com/us/products/ladders/extension-ladders/D1200-3Series/D1216-3

Ah… Found it in my email subscription. Seems like an informative and on-topic post for the thread, and a googling of bits of it in quotes gives zero results, so it’s not just a copy and paste from their website:

Xtend+Climb has been in business for 18 years.
Our ladders are all ANSI certified with the new ANSI standards for telescoping ladders. The contractor series ladders were designed with one of our biggest users in mind. Contractors!!

The rungs are 42% wider than our original rungs with a lip on the rung for two pressure points on your feet to help disburse your weight; therefore reducing leg pressure, foot pressure and pressure on your back.

One of the safety features is the ladder locks foot by foot so each rung has its own locking system and the ladder could never COLLAPSE on a user. The locking system quickly and easily extends to the users desired height and retracts efficiently to its storage height.

The ANSI rating type 1A is a 300 lb duty rating which is required by OSHA on professional job sites.
In addition many injuries are caused by moving long heavy extension ladders and OSHA is implementing two people move larger ladders. So Xtend and Climbs solve: time efficiency of users transporting a ladder. Xtend and Climb can prevent user injuries due to Ergonomic design and meets safety Standards by meeting and exceeding ANSI standards and complying with OSHA

1 Like

Now which is better - Contractor Grade or Military Grade? Is Professional Grade somewhere in between? And where does Crap Catalogue Grade fit into the picture?

2 Likes

I only use Influencer Grade products. I can trust them to be good because someone attractive and young posted a picture of themself with the product. That’s a true sign of quality…

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.