This dad mowing the lawn in a tornado's path is all of us in 2017

Won’t the cows eat the grass clippings?

3 Likes

“Git off mah lawn!”

2 Likes

Quietly hoping for the sweet release of death from a doomed world. And weekly lawn maintenance.

6 Likes

Youngest Daughter (who now lives in Ottawa) said of this picture: “Alberta. Canada’s Texas.” (My parents are Texans born and bred, though they now live with me in NC. I think they’d probably resent that remark, LOL.)

5 Likes

Seriously underrated Coen Bros. movie. Loved it.
The lead - Michael Stuhlbarg - killed it on Boardwalk Empire as Arnold Rothstein.

1 Like

In a CBC Calgary radio interview the couple attributed it to their South African Dutch origin.

2 Likes

Yup. Also, “Take Shelter” with Michael Shannon.

4 Likes

Blaming the weather always works.

2 Likes

Not the ones spinning up and around the funnel.

3 Likes

As a native Midwesterner, that tornado isn’t that close, so he’s probably fine.

I’m always amazed how much people who aren’t used to tornadoes freak out at the thought of tornadoes.

3 Likes

Sure. And people who aren’t used to earthquakes, always freak out at the thought of earthquakes, and that amuses some of us Californians.

Gotta admit, a tornado would freak me out.

3 Likes

The strongest earthquake I’ve ever experienced was about 4.0 on the Richter scale. Nothing compared to California.

Although I’ve been near an explosion that was probably a bit stronger than that earthquake.

2 Likes

It’s all of us in 2017 if the tornado is the rise of fascism and we all THINK we have an eye on it.

2 Likes

You made my day! :laughing:

1 Like

We lived in an apartment just a few miles from the epicenter of the Northridge earthquake (back in '94). That one had major vertical displacement (a real roller), and so much so that it actually bounced us out of bed; it was as if we were on a trampoline. For those that don’t know (I know I didn’t at the time), when you’re near a quake like that, the sound is such that it could only be described as a 100 car freight train barreling along at full speed just outside your window. Looking at the community pool later, it looked as if 1/3 of the water got sloshed out. (Also out – and on a homeward bound airplane later that day – was the mother of one of our co-workers. She was visiting and had had enough.)

2 Likes

You reminded me of comedian Ron White saying, “It’s not that the wind is blowing, it’s what the wind is blowing…”

3 Likes

Grew up in Texas, lived in Japan for 20 years. Quakes and tornadoes both came to be just “oh… OK, this again”

1 Like

Rather than work tonight, did this …

2 Likes

That’s one huge manatee! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Nice work!)