This décor piece brings the Moon to your desk in stunningly accurate detail

Originally published at: This décor piece brings the Moon to your desk in stunningly accurate detail | Boing Boing

jewelry-grade concrete

Well there’s a phrase.

30 Likes

aerospace-grade styrofoam

casket-grade cardboard

Montessori-grade papier-mâché

This is fun.

19 Likes

jewelry-grade concrete

It has got more air bubbles than a cheapo recast of a Forgeworld resin model. I think I could do better with some kitchen foil and some plaster of Paris.

12 Likes

Emoji Think GIF

Don’t you see, they even modeled the subsurface!

7 Likes

I prefer the idea of having the Cydonia region of Mars as a model like this, with the controversial Mars face and the pyramids. Or the site where Apollo 11 landed on the Moon, with a LEM model and a tiny Neil Armstrong.

I’d pay money for that.

4 Likes

Especially with a tiny Stanley Kubrick and Camera crew. :alien:

12 Likes

For all the people claiming that the moon landing was faked and Kubrick was responsible for the production clearly don’t realize that Kubrick was such a stickler for authenticity that he would have insisted that they film on location.

16 Likes

i know far more people maniaced about what SpaceX is doing down in Boca Chica than are flippin’ out over another rover. Its landing process and success, yes, but the rest? after the third picture it was pretty much mission done.

Which apparently has been a thing prior to this item :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Sub-2K Google results suggests that this is not so much of a “thing.”

1 Like

It practically sells itself, doesn’t it?

…what you could have bought with that $89.95.

13 Likes

Okay, that got a good laugh out of me. :laughing:

2 Likes

It’s not even made of cheese!?
This is bullshit!

14 Likes

Well its good for bashing your head into, especially the larger wall mounted version, when you think of the bux you wasted on it

1 Like

If i bought this and displayed it with my original copy of the kilogram, how much would it weigh?

1 Like

But do they have it in floor tiles, or interlocking patio stones?

4 Likes

Gwyneth Paltrow-ready products, certainly.

1 Like

Wrong astronomical object, surely?

1 Like

tenor

4 Likes