This emergency survival and medical kit packs 62 potentially life-saving items for $44

Originally published at: This emergency survival and medical kit packs 62 potentially life-saving items for $44 | Boing Boing

I’m in the market for a trauma kit with a bag about this size. The little 6"x5" nylon pouch is cute, but pretty small. What’s weird is that the bag is the only thing detailed photos are available of. There are no good photos of the contents of the kit to help evaluate just how good, or how crappy, the things like the multi-tool are. Not on Stack Social’s “Boing Boing Store” product page, not on Amazon, not on the distributor’s own site. And without photos or a better description I have no idea what a “blue” tourniquet is (blue is typically the color of practice tourniquets for classes, but who knows what is in this kit). So, hard pass.

1 Like

Well, given that the distributor’s address leads to an active landscaping company in NJ, I’d wager this is a “not real” company and everything’s getting dropshipped and repackaged from china. So, check out aliexpress and see if they have something that looks close enough to it, and see if they have more info.

3 Likes

Well, it’s where Rudy Rudy Giuliani would look to buy survival kits, so they must be good… :thinking:

3 Likes

He survived, didn’t he?

3 Likes

Here are 44 of the 62 items:

(4) Povidone-Iodine Prep Pad
•(10) Safety Pins
•(10) Cotton Stick
•(10) Alcohol Prep Pad
•(10) Medium Size Bandage

2 Likes

Did he though?

2 Likes

This is exactly why I don’t buy first aid kits by advertised number of items.

This exact sale is being blasted across multiple platforms, so they must’ve just gotten these off the Evergreen or something.

1 Like

Yeah, but those are 10 “potentially life-saving” cotton sticks. /s

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.